Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
So it fits up decently, looks good, and is cheap enough that you can afford another full set if you go down. Sounds like a good deal then, a full set for less than what I paid for my upper and lower.
I assume they arent pre drilled either, that knocks the price down some too.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post

Tom
if they're like the Auctmart brand, i think they are pre drilled.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:

Tom
If you get what's in the pictures, then it looks like all the mounting holes are predrilled with the mounting tabs for the adjacent body panels.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Tom
Well then you ASSume wrong! They are pre-drilled,did you not read any of the reviews I posted for Mike? I did have to "clean-up" a few holes and I had to make a trip to the hardware store because they don't always use the factory hardware (plastic snappy things) but I doubt that it made the install take more than an hour longer than stock plastic. Considering it pushes $2000 for a stock body kit....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaan1 View Post
if they're like the Auctmart brand, i think they are pre drilled.
Yea it's Auctmarts.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #16
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well then you ASSume wrong! They are pre-drilled,did you not read any of the reviews I posted for Mike? I did have to "clean-up" a few holes and I had to make a trip to the hardware store because they don't always use the factory hardware (plastic snappy things) but I doubt that it made the install take more than an hour longer than stock plastic. Considering it pushes $2000 for a stock body kit....
too lazy to read through them, thats a great deal for bodywork thats predrilled, aftermarket, track/race bodywork isnt drilled.

tom
Old 02-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
too lazy to read through them, thats a great deal for bodywork thats predrilled, aftermarket, track/race bodywork isnt drilled.

tom

Yea tell me about it! I mean,race plastic can take a while to install,especially if you are all "OCD" and shit!

If you are REALLY cheap,I can get you a set of fiberglass fairings for $200 bucks,no shit! They are un-drilled,non-painted and they cut the body kit down to about 6 pieces or so from 23...
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #18
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

I like doing project bikes, so when if I ever make it back to the states I may have to find this stuff. A project that's done on a budget and comes out properly makes all the difference.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yea tell me about it! I mean,race plastic can take a while to install,especially if you are all "OCD" and shit!

If you are REALLY cheap,I can get you a set of fiberglass fairings for $200 bucks,no shit! They are un-drilled,non-painted and they cut the body kit down to about 6 pieces or so from 23...
I have never had to install plastics before and dont look forward to drilling a set since I know I would mess it up my current and soon to be ex track bike had all that stuff done before i bought it. Guess we will see when I get something newer this year or next.

Tom
Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:

I bought a sharkskinz street upper and lower for my RC just after I bought it. Everything fit perfectly, predrilled, the headlights mounted in with no problem. Easiest bodywork I've done yet, but the upper and lower alone cost over $700 unpainted. But my main fairings went from 5 piece to 2 piece.