Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 01-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Default T-Tuner Mid-pipe

I posted this on CF, and really didn't get much help. Hopefully you guys could shed some more light on the subject.

-----------------------
Anyone bought and installed this? Price has dropped to $145, but I was wondering if it really was worth it. I have the PCIII, and apparently the T-Tuner comes with PC maps.

I am just wondering why I would buy a full exhaust for upwards of $800 when I can get this for under $200. Do I lose anything, like power, MPG, or valve life... is it woth it or not? Dyno maps come with it, but I haven't seen a before and after.

Installing on 07 R6...Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=130259773374

T TUNER MIDPIPE IS FABRICATED USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN EXHUAST SYSTEMS!!! C&C MACHINED / WATER JET FABBED AND MANDREL BENT. Want the best alternative then a full system?! Don't be fooled by imitations. The T-Tuner Mid Pipe was ENGINEERED BY PROFESSIONALS!!!!! And is made from high grade steel , It will come with everything you need to install + Detailed step by step Picture Instructions . The T-Tuner is a slip on unit that replaces the stock 12lbs CAT Converter and any aftermarket slip on will fit . We also coat the T-Tuner inside and out with a rust free high heat paint . It is your choice wether you want the 02 plug or not it’s no extra charge . This item will be shipped with the 02 plug unless you PM us within 1 hour after your purchase . Landice_Inc. Is shipping the T-Tuner world wide also check our Positive Feedback . Landice_Inc. Has always GUARANTEED there T Tuner Mid Pipe . Landice_Inc has never had a T Tuner Mid pipe returned for any reason . We GUARANTEE our product as long as you own your R6 . Want to see the T-Tuner in action check out some of the videos on youtube.com left by satisfied customers , " type in T Tuner mid pipe " . Climate will affect HP Gains differently in each state , you will increase HP dramatically no matter what .Depending on your location you can gain up to 15 - 20 HP . The T-Tuner's Design has been threw years of research and development . Studies have shown that you can not have any off set when the 2 headers come into 1 . Reason being it creates an irregular fluid motion with your motor . Leading to engine malfunction and engine failure down the road . The T-Tuner Mid-Pipe's Design is patented for many reason's Huge HP Gains , Consistent 2 into 1 Air Flow , Safe for your engine short term and long term , Quality High Grade Steel Tubing and Hardware , PRODUCES MORE HP THEN ANY OTHER MID PIPE ON THE MARKET >>>>>>>>>>> FITS ALL YZF R6's 2006/2007 and 2008 MODELS !!!!!!! If you have any questions please don't hesitate PM us or we can be reached at Landice_Inc@yahoo.com

With O2 plug:

Without:

Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

dlit has something like this i think, i remember him mentioning a new mid-pipe. try a search maybe
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
I posted this on CF, and really didn't get much help. Hopefully you guys could shed some more light on the subject.
I recall a thread about that - and the original person asking got lots of advice - most of it being "its crap." Their HP claims were silly.
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Won't anything that replaces the cat converter make more HP? Anyway, I thought those R6's don't need more HP, they need mid-range torque. Somewhere, I have a Motorcyclist mag from 2006 or 07 where they tuned an R6 for partial-opening of the throttle, and got a big increase in torque, using the PCIII. Most runs on the dyno are done at full-throttle. I'll look for that mag on Sat or Sun.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #5
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I have the exact one. The owner needed a '09 R6 to mock up before he started selling them for the '09. Parts and labor were free (he lives in Vegas). I noticed increased throttle response and mid range. Not "Holy shit!" increases, but they're there. I haven't got a power commander yet, but there are maps out there for them. I'm just gonna get mine dyno-tuned when I get a PC though. No issues with mine yet. And without the cat, the stock slip-on is loud as fuck.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_atx View Post
I recall a thread about that - and the original person asking got lots of advice - most of it being "its crap." Their HP claims were silly.

Yup... that was me that asked... just trying to find a reason not to spend over $800 if I don't have to.

And yes... most answers I got were:

"That thing is a piece of crap..."

when I asked why... I got no responses...
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I got no complaints about it.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

for a pc3, you can get one for 250ish brand new from a guy in cali that has a shop, realy good guy too

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
for a pc3, you can get one for 250ish brand new from a guy in cali that has a shop, realy good guy too
where?
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I have the exact one. The owner needed a '09 R6 to mock up before he started selling them for the '09. Parts and labor were free (he lives in Vegas). I noticed increased throttle response and mid range. Not "Holy shit!" increases, but they're there. I haven't got a power commander yet, but there are maps out there for them. I'm just gonna get mine dyno-tuned when I get a PC though. No issues with mine yet. And without the cat, the stock slip-on is loud as fuck.
What slip on are you running?

I am running Akra Megaphone... (thinking bout switching to Termignoni Moto 350mm GP Style Slip-On)