Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #101
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Looks fine to me. You ride with a finger covering the brake and clutch? Got a knee down yet?
down there ya kind of have to in order to set up for the next turn. My big problem is consistency. I kind of know what to do and how to do it, but i havnt built the muscle memory yet. I wasnt taking every turn like that, i had a lot of upsets and bad lines.

I was dragging puck the first trip through, wasnt really a big concern for me, but it felt right at home.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #102
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

So just a bad line choice/not knowing the road was the reason?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #103
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

heres the one w/ my puck down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg killboy2.jpg (160.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #104
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
down there ya kind of have to in order to set up for the next turn. My big problem is consistency. I kind of know what to do and how to do it, but i havnt built the muscle memory yet. I wasnt taking every turn like that, i had a lot of upsets and bad lines.

I was dragging puck the first trip through, wasnt really a big concern for me, but it felt right at home.
I wish I could ride that road. I can't ride while covering the brake and/or clutch lever. I like gripping the bar with all my fingers. Trail-braking is a different story though.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #105
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
So just a bad line choice/not knowing the road was the reason?
i donno. i studied my line, the road, the angles, everything for a while and i think it was just a wrong place wrong time type of thing. I'll post the pics of the wreck scene tomorrow and you can see that i had a perfect line (from my feeler scraping), same as trips. But that was part of the problem, i remember my feeler hitting before my puck touched, so i know i had bad body position.

If i had to stick it to something, it would probably be that i was focusing too much on trying to work on what trip told me earlier instead of just focusing on the ride.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #106
DLIT
Clit Commander

Maybe it's too technical a place to try to focus stuff. I like to use sweepers with breaks between 'em. It's all good, you're alive and so is the bike. I really can't suggest anything having never ridden there, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can for when I do ride there.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #107
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Maybe it's too technical a place to try to focus stuff. I like to use sweepers with breaks between 'em. It's all good, you're alive and so is the bike. I really can't suggest anything having never ridden there, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can for when I do ride there.
xactly. Im psyched about heading down to mid ohio next week with some people i met to play pit bitch at a track day. hopefully will end up on the track within the next month or two.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #108
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I think it was a serious of unfortunate events. I carried too much speed into that corner as well, but got lucky. I was not expecting a decreasing radius turn like that and was not even off the bike because I was in cruise mode and not really pushing it. The roads down here can bite you easily and I didn't expect turns like that for another mile or two, but I don't ride 28 often so I was unfamiliar with where I was on the road. This was probably due to fatigue because we were in the final leg of that day's ride. Combine that with a section of road with transitions in pavement and you got the recipe for disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #109
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I was not expecting a decreasing radius turn like that

What, you haven't memorized all 318 turns yet? Slacker.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #110
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
What, you haven't memorized all 318 turns yet? Slacker.
I know the road by memory. BTW, here is an interesting little tidbit, there isn't 318 turns, that is the size of the engine in the guy's truck that decided to make that the advertising campaign. No one knows how many turns there are because no one cares to count and if they did, no one would agree on the criteria for what is a turn on that road.

This didn't happen on the dragon anyway, it was on another highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote