Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #321
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You keep talking about what YOU choose to do. You choose not to smoke, you choose to eat healthy. Well that's great for you dude, you're intelligent enough to make independently formed decisions. Welcome to the minority.
See? THIS is where our disagreement seems to stem from. You seem to be willing to absolve people of their RESPONSIBILITY to educate themselves...take care of themselves. I'm not.

Quote:
Again, all I'm debating is for an end to corn subsidies and what amounts to government produced corn products from ethanol to HFCS. Not sure why there seems to be so much opposition to that.
I'm all for this....no corn subsidies? PERFECT. Where do I sign up?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #322
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
See? THIS is where our disagreement seems to stem from. You seem to be willing to absolve people of their RESPONSIBILITY to educate themselves...take care of themselves. I'm not.

I'm all for this....no corn subsidies? PERFECT. Where do I sign up?
You just probably have more hope for humanity than I do. I don't necessarily want to "absolve" anyone of responsibility (BTW, its the same word in caps or lowercase ), I just don't think the majority is capable of making good decisions on food or just about anything else.

Once again I move to my default argument: Jon and Kate Plus 8 was a popular American TV show.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #323
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I just returned from trying 8 different kinds of cheescakes, 2 new cookie doughs, a choc cake, a choc cheesecake, and 9 or so different kinds of bagels! I must do it, it's part of my job!! But guess what? I was hungry when I left cause I ate tiny slivers of each! Had to have some baked chicken and black eyed peas for lunch!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #324
AquaPython
put it THIS way

everything begins with choice.

No. Wrong. Choice is an illusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npn4oH0AifU
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #325
shmike
Follower

Quote:
You just probably have more hope for humanity than I do. I don't necessarily want to "absolve" anyone of responsibility (BTW, its the same word in caps or lowercase ), I just don't think the majority is capable of making good decisions on food or just about anything else.

Once again I move to my default argument: Jon and Kate Plus 8 was a popular American TV show.
The flaw I find in your argument is that you the seem to advocate the fact that while the majority is incapable of good decisions or rational thought, the government is.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #326
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
everything begins with choice.

No. Wrong. Choice is an illusion.

Yeah...OK, Neo...

Why don't you run along and phone call yourself off the grid while us rational people have a grown up discussion, OK?

Jesus Christ, Kaneman...I'm starting to see what you mean about some people.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #327
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
The flaw I find in your argument is that you the seem to advocate the fact that while the majority is incapable of good decisions or rational thought, the government is.
Huh? I'm not advocating more government control.

How do you go from "I want an end to corn subsidies and a break from fast food culture" to "I want more government control" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Yeah...OK, Neo...

Why don't you run along and phone call yourself off the grid while us rational people have a grown up discussion, OK?

Jesus Christ, Kaneman...I'm starting to see what you mean about some people.
I think he's trying to lighten things up. Still, the quotes in the video make an interesting point when it comes to matters of addiction and indulgence.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #328
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Huh? I'm not advocating more government control.

How do you go from "I want an end to corn subsidies and a break from fast food culture" to "I want more government control" ?
From quotes like this:

Quote:
We need to break out of the current unhealthy food commercial we're in. This can all be done without any freedom restrictions, but ultimately the govt would be responsible for reorganizing the structure of the Agriculture Dept.
There were other subtle statements as well but I'm not going to go digging to tell you what you said....
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #329
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Are corn subsidies bullshit, yes, should they be reconsidered, definitely.......But that is only 20% of the problem. The other 80% is consumer laziness and/or ignorance. If you have half a brain, when you become an adult you will know how to eat properly. For those who DONT have half a brain, fuck em.

I mean serious......Does every food you buy HAVE to have tons of cheese, salt, sugar, and white flour?

If you can read well enough to finish high school, you can read the fucking ingrediants.

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-08-2010 at 12:19 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #330
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Homeslice. Watch that video that Sean posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

(Yes, it's long as hell, boring at times, but it's the final word on ALL of this, with all of the science checked backwards, and forwards to back it up)

It's not the fat, the cheese, the salt, or the flour...it's the fructose. It metabolizes very much like alcohol (ethanol), exclusively in the liver. It does not tell the brain it was fed (bypasses leptin), actually MAKING you hungry and is...in a word; TOXIC.

I also defy you to find more than 3 breads in your supermarket that DON'T have HFCS added. It's in nearly everything, and unless you become a fucking food freak, you'd be hard pressed to avoid this shit entirely.

Last edited by Avatard; 04-08-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote