Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #201
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
ORLY?

Have you seen or heard anything about his 52-page "book"? It contains tidbits of Kanye wisdom such as "Get use to being used", in giant red fonts that take up entire portions of the 52 pages. And this is from a guy that has proclaimed that he’s a “proud non-reader” who doesn’t see the value in books.

Your opinion of this douchebag being smart is laughable. He may be able to sell crap music to the general population, but all you really need for that is a good producer...no street smarts needed.

Um he is a producer....a very successful one at that. I'm not saying that you guys are wrong but it's obvious that most of you don't know diddily squat about Kanye West except for his stupid remarks about Bush and this latest foolishness.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #202
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Um he is a producer....a very successful one at that. I'm not saying that you guys are wrong but it's obvious that most of you don't know diddily squat about Kanye West except for his stupid remarks about Bush and this latest foolishness.
I know he is not white.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #203
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I know he is not white.
Well that's good enough right there!!! Get the rope boys!!!

I don't know why this had to get all "racial", Kanye said something negative about Bush, so? White people haven't stopped slamming on Obama since before he was even elected and you don't want to be labeled racist do you? Yes, I know that some idiots DO label you racist if you are against him but I don't until you use the "N" word!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #204
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Um, yeah, actually I was aware. And his being a producer makes him less of a douchebag how?

people don't have to know his blood type and the name of his first grade teacher to know he's an ignorant dickweed; he reminds us of that fact all too often.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #205
neebelung

Quote:
Well that's good enough right there!!! Get the rope boys!!!

I don't know why this had to get all "racial", Kanye said something negative about Bush, so? White people haven't stopped slamming on Obama since before he was even elected and you don't want to be labeled racist do you? Yes, I know that some idiots DO label you racist if you are against him but I don't until you use the "N" word!
Oh jeez Tig, he was kidding...

and you don't have to use the "n" word to be a racist; it's in how you think about and act toward people of other races, and if you consider them to be on your same level, or if you somehow consider yourself superior to them.

And by suggesting that someone can only be a racist if they use the "n" word, you're suggesting that only black people are subjected to racism. What about spics, beaners, chinks, slant eyes, etc.....?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #206
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Um, yeah, actually I was aware. And his being a producer makes him less of a douchebag how?

people don't have to know his blood type and the name of his first grade teacher to know he's an ignorant dickweed; he reminds us of that fact all too often.
He is talking about Kanye being a producer because Lee said "Your opinion of this douchebag being smart is laughable. He may be able to sell crap music to the general population, but all you really need for that is a good producer...no street smarts needed."

He is a producer and a very good one at that. Does that make him less of a prick? No.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #207
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
He is a producer and a very good one at that. Does that make him less of a prick?No.

James

But just to clarify:Lee's post was also regarding Kanye's alleged intelligence; being a good producer isn't necessarily indicative of high intelligence.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #208
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

This just in:

Kanye West interrupted Patrick Swayze's funeral to let the world know that 's funeral was better.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #209
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

No,no,no. I never said he's not a "dickweed" read the post I quoted. I'll wait.

Here, I'll help you,

Some said, he was "smart", someone else said that HE didn't have to be smart to sell records but only needed a "smart" producer. I pointed out that he IS the producer. Simple.

As the "Kanye" of this forum based on the tags you guys have put up, I'll "defend" him only to this point; He has a right to his opinion. Lots of people thought Bush was a dumbass. Lots of people thought that Katrina was mishandled. He's not alone in lots of his opinions, some I agree with, some I do not. Bob Dylan had some crazy opinions, so did Lennon, that doesn't mean that their music sucked or that they were "douchebags".

What he did to Taylor Swift was definitely an asshole move for sure. Although, I also have a feeling that it was staged. There's an ARMY of handlers backstage at the VMAs, I doubt that a mouse could get onto that stage unscheduled.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #210
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
This just in:

Kanye West interrupted Patrick Swayze's funeral to let the world know that 's funeral was better.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote