Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Elite Trackdays

Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
05svr650
Supporting Vendor

Moto: wide open throttle
Default Passing rules

How well do these days go with the current passing rules?

Do you have to start out in group 1?

Passing only in the straights, doesn't that put a damper on the faster guys with less hp that can pass in the corners but can't compete with the high hp guys on the straights?

www.JandBcycle.com
05svr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

If you are fast, bump to race group where they allow corner passes?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
05svr650
Supporting Vendor

Moto: wide open throttle

"Passing
Group 1 - no passing unless the rider in front signals for a safe pass on the OUTSIDE (to the left) of the front rider.
Group 2 - passing only allowed in the straights and on the outside (to the left) of the front rider. "

I didnt see a race group.

www.JandBcycle.com
05svr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05svr650 View Post
"Passing
Group 1 - no passing unless the rider in front signals for a safe pass on the OUTSIDE (to the left) of the front rider.
Group 2 - passing only allowed in the straights and on the outside (to the left) of the front rider. "

Moira will pretty much tell you that the rules are there for a reason.. no passing means no passing. Period.

There is no "race" group.. and you have to have ridden in group 1 first for Elite personnel to evaluate your riding before you're allowed in group 2 (the "fast" group, if you will).

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05svr650 View Post
"Passing

No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

He rides a SV too, passing on the straight will be tough against 600s and above unless he just late breaks them going in or builds a ton of corner speed coming out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)
I wouldn't say you wouldn't learn *anything*... Besides, some of the local racers/instructors ride at Elite's track days.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Tards can only pass on the inside
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.

what are the rules for "us" ...tards are "slow"
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote