Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #31
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Is there any evidence saying that metric cruisers lose a higher % of their value? It's the % that's important, not the actual $ figure.

Last edited by Homeslice; 12-04-2009 at 02:03 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #32
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Is there any evidence saying that metric cruisers lose a higher % of their value? It's the % that's important, not the actual $ figure.
I don't see metric cruiser dealers offering guaranteed full sale price on trade in value after 2 years like HD does. I'm not sure if that policy spans the entire product line but is does for sure on the Sportster.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #33
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Want evidence? Go to dealerships and look... And yes, metrics lose a much higher % of their value than HD's... I dont need numbers, its simple math.

My bike was 23k. Right now I can get 17k on trade (I checked), and could easily sell it for that.

A metric will be worth less than half what it was new in the same time frame, aside from the goldwing.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #34
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I don't see metric cruiser dealers offering guaranteed full sale price on trade in value after 2 years like HD does. I'm not sure if that policy spans the entire product line but is does for sure on the Sportster.
Just the baby sporty I'm pretty sure. It's a ploy to get people back to buy the 2nd bike.
Both bikes will be sold at full MSRP as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
you dont see metric dealers giving subbrands the axe cause of dipshit financing schemes either
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #36
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Want evidence? Go to dealerships and look... And yes, metrics lose a much higher % of their value than HD's... I dont need numbers, its simple math.

My bike was 23k. Right now I can get 17k on trade (I checked), and could easily sell it for that.

A metric will be worth less than half what it was new in the same time frame, aside from the goldwing.
by this evidence we should all sell our cages for 60's musclecars cause even though you are paying through the ass for a technologically inferior, heavy, ill handling beast you can probably get your money back on resale
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #37
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
by this evidence we should all sell our cages for 60's musclecars cause even though you are paying through the ass for a technologically inferior, heavy, ill handling beast you can probably get your money back on resale
Your 954rr is technologically inferior, you better get rid of that right away!

My harley is as good, if not better, than any Japanese cruiser on the market. And, much, much nicer to look at.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Your 954rr is technologically inferior, you better get rid of that right away!

My harley is as good, if not better, than any Japanese cruiser on the market. And, much, much nicer to look at.
that track wont work. My bike is the last of its kind and the other two were opportunity. Besides i was attacking your concept not your bike. Though i suppose ill admit to some brand insults in my analogy if you re-read it ugly wasnt one of them
Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #39
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
that track wont work. My bike is the last of its kind and the other two were opportunity. Besides i was attacking your concept not your bike. Though i suppose ill admit to some brand insults in my analogy if you re-read it ugly wasnt one of them

All im saying is, that I bet if you took my bike out for the day, you'd have fun with it.

No, it doesnt have the power of a sportbike, and it has a totally different feel. But its still fun.

And, if your paying attention to the other thread, you know I wanna get rid of it for a Busa. So I do understand what your saying.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #40
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
All im saying is, that I bet if you took my bike out for the day, you'd have fun with it.

No, it doesnt have the power of a sportbike, and it has a totally different feel. But its still fun.

And, if your paying attention to the other thread, you know I wanna get rid of it for a Busa. So I do understand what your saying.
im sure i would, ive enjoyed my friends sporty and vrod. For what they are anyway. My only issue was the concept of basing the purchase decision on the resale value