Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #71
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I only have one question: How fast can I go without crashing the fucker?

JC
How do you know how fast you can go unless you crash?
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #72
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
How do you know how fast you can go unless you crash?
You can't go any faster than WOT.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #73
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
This is Bs plain and simple. I've ridden a few Harleys and their Jap clones. I'd pick the Harley any day.

If you can't see how much better the Harley is built, then you're looking with your eyes closed.

As for performance, I was very surprised at how hard apocs bike pulled to 110mph. I was even more amazed at how little damage it received sliding down the road. One single scratch...

You can sit here all day and spew anti Harley propoganda. Those of us who notice the diddrence between rc cola and coke like to pay a bit more for better quality.
No, actually....it's not.

It's no secret that HD has had, and continues to have, quality control issues.

You're fooling yourself if you think that you are paying extra for "quality"...you are paying extra for "image"....for the HD "brand."

Last edited by KSGregman; 05-13-2009 at 01:31 PM..
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #74
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post

You're fooling yourself if you think that you are paying extra for "quality"...you are paying extra for "image"....for the HD "brand."
I agree with this whole heartily. HD is ALL about image.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #75
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I love harley fanboys. Harley isn't quality, it's a name brand that people want. The engineering and quality control of those machines are marginal at best. The engineering and quality control of the rice machines are well above anything harley has nowadays.
Rice fanboy or Harley fanboy? What's the diff?

As for being a fanboy, I'm far from it. I was a closed minded Harley hater like the rest of you up until a few years back. Then I stopped listening to what others said and tried them. And after that, I stand 100% behind what I said.

Just because you and people like to do not like something doesn't mean its garbage and your opinion isn't the only one that counts.

You make it seem as though Harley riders are brainwashed sheep, yet the average sportbike rider just buys whatever has the best spec sheet in most cases.

and its not like the Harley rider can't afford the Jap clone. They just choose not to buy it..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #76
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

And sportbike riders are buying what if its not an image?

The majority of us are out classed by ninja 500s. Obviously nobody needs more than that. They must be buying an image..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #77
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

The majority of us are out classed by ninja 500s. Obviously nobody needs more than that. They must be buying an image..
I don't think buying a GSXR 750 would be considered an "image". It's a niche market for people who want middle weight handling with liter bike performance. What image would be portrayed by that other than a performance minded individual. HD riders (for the most part) are going for the "tough guy" image. No gear, big gut, over compensation for their tiny dick, more money than brains type individual.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #78
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Rice fanboy or Harley fanboy? What's the diff?

As for being a fanboy, I'm far from it. I was a closed minded Harley hater like the rest of you up until a few years back. Then I stopped listening to what others said and tried them. And after that, I stand 100% behind what I said.

Just because you and people like to do not like something doesn't mean its garbage and your opinion isn't the only one that counts.

You make it seem as though Harley riders are brainwashed sheep, yet the average sportbike rider just buys whatever has the best spec sheet in most cases.

and its not like the Harley rider can't afford the Jap clone. They just choose not to buy it..
The difference is I am not a fanboy of either. I am in process of selling my reliable Honda for a reliable adv tourer that isn't a rice bike. I am getting a BMW (omg it's not a rice bike) because that's what they are known for in the field I am choosing to ride in, just like the Honda was reliable in sportbikes.

BTW, it's not people like us who say it. Harley's are known worldwide for their mechanical issues, just as they are as well known worldwide for their image which brings them the business in the face of their problems.

You are a fanboy, you refuse to look at overwhelming evidence widely available anywhere about reliability and quality control of the japs vs harleys. Sure any harley guy can buy a much cheaper jap bike, we all understand how money works, but thanks for pointing that out.... We also understand how marketing and image works, which you seem to be lacking in knowledge.

Quote:

The ninja 500s are seriously lacking in braking and suspension for anyone who wants to track it. If you are putting around town is one thing, but if you are wanting to take it to the track, you would need to invest a lot more in performance parts than it would cost to get stock 600 which is already well setup for that use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #79
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

well Ive ridden all diffrent types of bikes including HDs and their jap clones. In my opinion Harleys are not all they are cracked up to be. all the HDs Ive ridden have been uncomfortable and clunky (for lack of a better word) My dad is a big Vulcan fan and I have to say Id take a Vulcan 1500 over any HD Ive ever ridden. As far as when to slow down.... Ive kinda been struggling with that myself, but for diffrent reasons. all my friends sold their bikes. Some of them bought track bikes and just ride on the track. Others just flat don't have a bike anymore. I can't bring myself to give up riding on the street but I have been seriously considering trading in the GSXR on a cruiser or sport tourer and grabbing a track bike for going to the track and getting my speed fix.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #80
shmike
Follower

Buying a Harley is buying an image.

Anyone who disputes that is unwilling to admit the truth.

Buying a modern Harley is buying a quality bike.

Anyone who disputes that is: still living in the AMF days or hasn't ridden a modern HD or is just reiterating what they have heard at the local Jap shop/hangout/sportbike night.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote