Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You really think that if the father was a molester he'd kill his kid for doing the same thing ? I see fail in your logic. Sure maybe the dad was crazy, but if my kid was a molester, I'd be tempted to do the same thing. Unlikely, but I'd give it thought.
Yea absolutely I do. First of all, it takes a certain type of mentality to execute your naked son in front of his mother. We can all talk about how we'd like to kill people that do horrible things, but few people are capable of carrying through with an execution style killing of a stranger, much less a loved one. To me this shows the father has some wires crossed somewhere.

Secondly, it is natural for humans to place the guilt of their own bad deeds onto others. Father molests or touches boy, boy gets older and touches girl, father is overcome with guilt he can not deal with so he places all the blame on the boy. If this were the scenario then it would follow suit that the father was molested as a boy as well. Child molestation is largely a vicious circle.

Its not like there is a big child molester's club (NAMBLA, lol) where they get together and talk about how they like fresh asshole. Most molesters feel great shame over their deeds but for whatever reason feel compelled to keep going. Those that do not are most likely sociopaths, and they make up a very small percentage of the population. A sociopath would not likely have enough emotional capacity to react in the way this father did...because he simply wouldn't care.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Statistically speaking, most molesters acquired the behaviour by being molested themselves. It is also common for people to react far more aggressively to behaviour that they see in themselves. That doesn't mean the father is a molester himself, but it bears looking into based on the cumulative experience in such cases.

No one wins in a situation like this. No one is a hero.
Agreed on all counts.

Molestation is often a power issue.

The fact that the Dad made him strip and them ordered him around before acting raises red flags (power struggles) as well.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

The fact that the Dad made him strip and them ordered him around before acting raises red flags (power struggles) as well.
Sounds like he wanted to humiliate his son like the son did to the 3 year old so he would know how it feels.

Maybe not...just another possibility.

Several of you guys make good points.

What a messed up situation.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Yea absolutely I do. First of all, it takes a certain type of mentality to execute your naked son in front of his mother. We can all talk about how we'd like to kill people that do horrible things, but few people are capable of carrying through with an execution style killing of a stranger, much less a loved one. To me this shows the father has some wires crossed somewhere.

Secondly, it is natural for humans to place the guilt of their own bad deeds onto others. Father molests or touches boy, boy gets older and touches girl, father is overcome with guilt he can not deal with so he places all the blame on the boy. If this were the scenario then it would follow suit that the father was molested as a boy as well. Child molestation is largely a vicious circle.

Its not like there is a big child molester's club (NAMBLA, lol) where they get together and talk about how they like fresh asshole. Most molesters feel great shame over their deeds but for whatever reason feel compelled to keep going. Those that do not are most likely sociopaths, and they make up a very small percentage of the population. A sociopath would not likely have enough emotional capacity to react in the way this father did...because he simply wouldn't care.
I see your point. Like mentioned above, the real loser in this case is the kids mom.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Wow.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Agreed on all counts.

Molestation is often a power issue.

Well noted. Almost all sexually related crimes come down to power, rather than the sex itself.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Well noted. Almost all sexually related crimes come down to power, rather than the sex itself.
See, I've never understood this. I just can't imagine someone needing that much power over someone else.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #18
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

if i had a child who so badly tarnished my honor id likely do the same thing, id do myself too for failing as a parent however
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Talking about this very story in the Orthodontist office today - most are surprised that the father didn't turn the gun on himself after. That it was a guilt issue [like some saying here].

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Talking about this very story in the Orthodontist office today - most are surprised that the father didn't turn the gun on himself after. That it was a guilt issue [like some saying here].
Yeah in thinking about it, it could have been a way for the father to cover up what he might have done to his son years ago.