Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #31
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Under threat of force?
Nope, as I said not in most cases. There's a reason why Sitting Bull came to Canada, when he was bing chased in the US.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #32
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Native Americans KNOW they got a raw deal 200 years ago...they KNOW they've got a raw deal every day since then....shipped off to rot on reservations on the shittiest land that white people didn't want...marginalized...ignored.

I don't support their violent attempts to gain attention and recompense for their injuries...but I certainly understand why they would feel compelled to take that step when all other avenues are ignored or blocked.
Congrats! you just won the award for the most ignorant statement of the day!

This is the same arguement regarding the black slaves in American culture.
What side of the arguement are you on in that one?

They are not forced to live anywhere, they are given free education, free housing, free vehicles, free everything, but they piss it all into the wind.

Yeah, they are soooo ignored.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #33
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
The council has all the money and power. They discourage any book learnin for that reason.
It's easier to control their people if those people don't have the information that tells them what's wrong. They want to govern themselves, but they get taken advantage of by their own. No one knows who is really in charge; the grandmothers, the Warriors, or the band council.

Of course our history, where Natives are concerned, isn't perfect either, however it mostly involves residential schools, rather than Wounded Knees.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #34
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Native Americans KNOW they got a raw deal 200 years ago...they KNOW they've got a raw deal every day since then....shipped off to rot on reservations on the shittiest land that white people didn't want...marginalized...ignored.

I don't support their violent attempts to gain attention and recompense for their injuries...but I certainly understand why they would feel compelled to take that step when all other avenues are ignored or blocked.

I don't know any natives who have to live on a reserve. I know plenty who do it for the tax breaks and freebies. Good for them for using the system to it's fullest. For as many "raw deals" as they've been handed, they've made out like bandits on many others.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #35
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I don't know any natives who have to live on a reserve. I know plenty who do it for the tax breaks and freebies. Good for them for using the system to it's fullest. For as many "raw deals" as they've been handed, they've made out like bandits on many others.
My BIL is Native AND American. He went to school for photography as soon as he could get his ass moving, then got his mechanic's license so that he could get a real job, when the photography thing wasn't working.

You stay on The Rez, there's no incentive to do anything with your life.