Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default New Android Version for Nexus One may change my mind about "Jumping Ship"

Supposedly, it makes the Nexus One run 450% faster, has Flash support, supports tethering and mobile hotspot, allows you to download apps to the sd card, etc... Of course it's available for the N1 first. I may wait until the update to possibly update to the HTC Evo 4g. I really want that HUGE screen but if they can get the N1 to run better, I may save my money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052003295.html
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Dont forget over the air sync with your desktop
Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Is 4g even available where you live? It isn't here.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

That's frozen yogurt, it's not due out til the 2nd half of the year and it will be available for all 2010 released android phones including the EVO and the Incredible.

I wouldn't follow the washington post's comments about it.

Go to http://www.androidcentral.com

http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ally-announced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 05-20-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Is 4g even available where you live? It isn't here.
To be honest, we don't even get 3g here!!! I don't care about that, I really only care about the large screen and some of the other internal features. Of course, with the update, several of the features that are available on the EVO will be available on the Nexus One so...
Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
To be honest, we don't even get 3g here!!! I don't care about that, I really only care about the large screen and some of the other internal features. Of course, with the update, several of the features that are available on the EVO will be available on the Nexus One so...
Have you messed with an Android HTC phone? I suggest you go play with an incredible in a Verizon store if you can find one. HTC Sense adds a lot to the Android OS. The Nexus One will never have HTC Sense. I say wait out for the EVO and get it.

The EVO and the Nexus One will both have Android 2.1. They won't be really any different until the 2.2 update and they still will both get 2.2. The difference will be the HTC Sense stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I don't know but I'm still betting that the N1 gets the update first. There are tons of rumors going around. If I wanted to become a developer, I could download it now... It wouldn't surprise me if I get the update within the next week or so. We got the 2.1 update weeks before anyone else.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Have you messed with an Android HTC phone? I suggest you go play with an incredible in a Verizon store if you can find one. HTC Sense adds a lot to the Android OS. The Nexus One will never have HTC Sense. I say wait out for the EVO and get it.

The EVO and the Nexus One will both have Android 2.1. They won't be really any different until the 2.2 update and they still will both get 2.2. The difference will be the HTC Sense stuff.
dont say never, you could do it if you root it
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Trip, n1 is an HTC android.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

Ah but not everyone is in love with HTC Sense.... remember, I just sent a HD2 back. I wasn't super happy with Sense, I understand that was on WinMo but still.... We'll see, trust me 2.2 will show up on N1 before anyone else, which will give me a chance to try it out. As pointed out, I don't get 3g much less 4g so that doesn't really impress me. All of the features will be the same between the phones minus the 8M camera, 1.3M shot camera and the huge screen. The main reason I may change is that T-Mobile coverage isn't very good here, Sprint is only slightly better...