Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #61
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

I'm sure that his was stock. I can control a wheelie, but know that I am a small person. It's not like I had 200 lbs on that bike holding the front end down. To tell the truth, it felt like a really big supermoto/pogo-stick cross breed. The wheel base was really short, the motor was torquey and the seating position was really high, and when I pulled in the clutch, his motor didn't come down to idle for 1-2 seconds. Compare this to my RC with a longer wheel base, a motor with more more HP but less torque, and race type ergo's, I pull in my clutch and she immediately goes straight to idle. The two bikes are like night and day. The Buell is simply not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
By chance did he have the 9 primary gears in the 12? I mean...my 12 will wheelie...but its not like the front tire is rarely in contact with the pavement. You've got to coax it up...it's not like it's first instinct is to wheelie.

Now...if he had the 9 primary gears in there then I could see it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #62
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
I'm sure that his was stock. I can control a wheelie, but know that I am a small person. It's not like I had 200 lbs on that bike holding the front end down. To tell the truth, it felt like a really big supermoto/pogo-stick cross breed. The wheel base was really short, the motor was torquey and the seating position was really high, and when I pulled in the clutch, his motor didn't come down to idle for 1-2 seconds. Compare this to my RC with a longer wheel base, a motor with more more HP but less torque, and race type ergo's, I pull in my clutch and she immediately goes straight to idle. The two bikes are like night and day. The Buell is simply not for me.
I hear ya. Sounds like that particular XB seems out of whack. Mine doesn't exhibit any of those qualities.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #63
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:
I hear ya. Sounds like that particular XB seems out of whack. Mine doesn't exhibit any of those qualities.
His could've been something eccentric, he loved it to death. I refused to ever ride it again. I might be coerced to give the 1125 a shot but that's mainly only because it doesn't use a modded sportster motor. I'm not hating on Buells, but you won't catch me on another XB.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #64
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
His could've been something eccentric, he loved it to death. I refused to ever ride it again. I might be coerced to give the 1125 a shot but that's mainly only because it doesn't use a modded sportster motor. I'm not hating on Buells, but you won't catch me on another XB.
Fair enough, brutha.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #65
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Yeah, that clutch shit sounds whack as hell.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, that clutch shit sounds whack as hell.
Exactly...other than being a stiff MotherF'er my clutch is golden.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #67
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Exactly...other than being a stiff MotherF'er my clutch is golden.
I haven't ridden my new clutch yet but I've got a full barnett kit, friction plates and metal plates and stiffer springs.

Should make learning race starts fun
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #68
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I haven't ridden my new clutch yet but I've got a full barnett kit, friction plates and metal plates and stiffer springs.

Sweet. Is your shit hydraulic or cable?

Quote:
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #69
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Sweet. Is your shit hydraulic or cable?
Cable, brother.

It's all installed and when on the rear stand and I let the clutch out in first she'll certainly go... but that's all the info I have at this point
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #70
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post

I had a Barnett kit in my dirt bike. Great stuff.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote