Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

guess that's one way to bump up the Army's enlistment numbers. as soon as people realize they don't have to go to war to get the money. just get pregnant, or have a "hardship" then you get your 3 hots and never do your job. Hell yeah prolly a bunch of people signing up then.

she already is on welfare if she is drawing a check but not willing to do her job. just really good welfare. with a great retirement plan if she can draw it out that long.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

What if she's a widow?

Would any of the views change?

No, that'd be too easy. Let's all rag on her for being a single mom because obviously single moms are terrible slutty whores who are too stupid to use birth control.

Something is fishy about her story. But as usual, the naysayers want to put her down and get on their soap box about whatever it is they get on their soap box about.

I don't know what happened....but she obviously isn't telling the whole truth here.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
What if she's a widow?

Would any of the views change?

No, that'd be too easy. Let's all rag on her for being a single mom because obviously single moms are terrible slutty whores who are too stupid to use birth control.

Something is fishy about her story. But as usual, the naysayers want to put her down and get on their soap box about whatever it is they get on their soap box about.

I don't know what happened....but she obviously isn't telling the whole truth here.

Good point. As far as my opinion, nope, it sure wouldnt.

If she was a widow she would have the opportunity for counseling and given briefings educating her about her options and what she could expect as far as deploying. Unless somethings changed, they typically do that for single moms and married moms and dads anyway. Having a baby? Go to a brief. Learn about whats available to you as far as child care and what to do in the event of deployments.

We had a million breifings about moving 3.5 hours aways for heavens sake, the military provides so many different options and ways to do some things its retarded.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #24
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

things with her "knowing better" and her moms timing being convenient

- she's a 21 y/o E4. E4's are dumb, it's just how they are. They haven't had the time and experience to figure it all out yet.
Also, 21 y/o's are dumb... again, they haven't figured it out yet.

-parents don't always realise how things work in the military. Also, some don't care.

Not saying what she did was right... but she went about things the wrong way, from the story we are able to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #25
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
We had a million breifings about moving 3.5 hours aways for heavens sake, the military provides so many different options and ways to do some things its retarded.
This is what I assumed so something about "her" story doesn't add up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Not saying what she did was right... but she went about things the wrong way, from the story we are able to read.
Exactly....lots of holes in this story right now.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Why put the child into foster care? Why not onto the father's doorstep? Choice or no choice, I hear so many people squabble over fathers rights. Then, something like this happens.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #27
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
things with her "knowing better" and her moms timing being convenient

- she's a 21 y/o E4. E4's are dumb, it's just how they are. They haven't had the time and experience to figure it all out yet.
Also, 21 y/o's are dumb... again, they haven't figured it out yet.

-parents don't always realise how things work in the military. Also, some don't care.

E-4s are not that dumb. If anything, lower enlisted are the worst guardhouse lawyers.

Anyway, if Uncle Sam were to want for you to have a family, he would have issued you one.

I missed the days where only officers and senior NCOs can get married and establish families.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #28
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Why put the child into foster care? Why not onto the father's doorstep?
Beat me to it. Article said she no longer had a relationship with the father - it didn't say he was dead. Therefore IMO, he has as much responsibility as she does. (Unless proven to be unfit, or whatever they call it nowadays).
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #29
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
I've met some pretty shitty officers who couldn't give a crap less about anyone but themselves.
With that same thought, this woman could be a pretty shitty private who couldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
CasterTroy

As a parent....I can see why she would refuse to go. As someone who believes in a commitment made, I think she's despicable.

I sit here and think of how hard it was for Archen to leave…..and what SHE would say about this woman’s choice.