Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Italians were called "dago", and it was just about as bad as being "negro".

Seems like hazing is a long standing tradition for new peoples to get into this club.

Want to know how awesome our welcome mats have been for anyone who is a bit different?
Our distaste for Catholics, eastern europeans, jews, asians and random darkies inspired a Eugenics movement at the beginning of the 20th century.

Part of their motto
Quote:
"I believe in such a selection of immigrants as shall not tend to adulterate our national germ plasm with socially unfit traits."
(Little fun fact - Big dogs of the US eugenics movement made a bunch of trips in the 30's to germany to advice the Nazi movement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Spitzer's article doesn't apply to Mexican immigration in that the Irish, Japs, Italians and so on never became the majority of America enabling them, collectively, to heavily influence Federal policy.

I'm always pretty conflicted on the Mexican debate, considering half my son's Kindergarten class doesn't speak English. On the other hand they bring a lot of culture and uniqueness to an area overcome with conformity.

Either way, I don't like Arizona's new laws as spelled out.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Italians were called "dago", and it was just about as bad as being "negro".

Seems like hazing is a long standing tradition for new peoples to get into this club.

The discrimination you're talking about is racial hatred......Which is different than checking to make sure somone is legal to be here or not.

Like it or not, racial profiling will always be used, just like "age profiling" will always be used by cops to pull over teenagers just because they are young. Or just like Friday and Saturday night profiling.........Pulling over drivers for random BAL testing even if there was no suspicion of them being impaired. I don't see the ACLU complaining about those things.

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-20-2010 at 01:38 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #24
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
The state senator who wrote the law, Russell Pearce, had long been considered a politically incorrect embarrassment by more moderate members of his party - often to the delight of his supporters. There was the time in 2007 when he appeared in a widely circulated photograph with a man who was a featured speaker at a neo-Nazi conference. (Mr. Pearce said later he did not know of the man's affiliation with the group.)

In 2006, he came under fire for speaking admirably of a 1950s federal deportation program called Operation Wetback, and for sending an e-mail message to supporters that included an attachment - inadvertently, he said - from a white supremacist group.
http://gawker.com/5520534/a-friend-o...migration-bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

So basically, new people suck
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #26
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Not very eloquent but definitely to the point. Yup, I believe that's the way it is, has been, and always will be.

Kinda sad really.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #27
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Like it or not, racial profiling will always be used, just like "age profiling" will always be used by cops to pull over teenagers just because they are young. Or just like Friday and Saturday night profiling.........Pulling over drivers for random BAL testing even if there was no suspicion of them being impaired. I don't see the ACLU complaining about those things.
I don't like illegal aliens. They're so....smarmy.

However, I'm not ready to throw my constitutional baby, out with the tainted Arizona bath water. This law would leave probable cause weeping by the curb.

Keep in mind that illegal aliens come in all shapes and sizes. Armenians, Brazilians, Cambodians, Pomeranians, where do you stop? Should we all pull over and flash our passports for every fucking cop with boredom/quota issues?

No. Fuck that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It sucks to be the FNG.

Funny part is, in terms of history, we are the FNG.

JC
Old 04-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #28
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Keep in mind that illegal aliens come in all shapes and sizes. Armenians, Brazilians, Cambodians, Pomeranians, where do you stop? Should we all pull over and flash our passports for every fucking cop with boredom/quota issues?
I didn't see anything saying that cops would only check Hispanics.

If you are a LEGAL immigrant, federal law already says you need to carry an ID saying so. And as far as natural-born citizens, I've never met any who don't carry their drivers license everywhere they go (unless maybe they are on the beach in a bikini). So it seems to me that the only people who wouldn't be able to produce ID's upon request are..........people who don't belong here.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #29
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
I didn't see anything saying that cops would only check Hispanics.
That was my point.

Quote:
If you are a LEGAL immigrant, federal law already says you need to carry an ID saying so. And as far as natural-born citizens, I've never met any who don't carry their drivers license everywhere they go (unless maybe they are on the beach in a bikini). So it seems to me that the only people who wouldn't be able to produce ID's upon request are..........people who don't belong here.
Well that's just fucking wonderful. Let's make every day living, just like checking in at the airport.

"Sure Officer, I'd be happy to show you my ID when ever you bloody well feel like asking for it, since I have have nothing better to do than help you look like you're not engaged in racial profiling".

Oh joy.

JC
Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist