Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Sure it is.

It's pulling someone over with no probable cause, other than a preconceived bias against a certain group of people.

Spin it anyway you want, it's the same thing.

JC

except the fact that if you're pulled and don't have proper documents you are at that moment committing a crime of illegal immigration, where as checking the GPS you are not at that moment committing said crime. you may have committed it earlier, or you may have borrowed the bike to a friend, or you may have been riding at a track when that speed was hit, but yeah it's all the same.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #22
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
except the fact that if you're pulled and don't have proper documents you are at that moment committing a crime of illegal immigration, where as checking the GPS you are not at that moment committing said crime. you may have committed it earlier, or you may have borrowed the bike to a friend, or you may have been riding at a track when that speed was hit, but yeah it's all the same.
Do you carry your Passport or birth certificate with you?

Well guess what, if you don't, you could technically be detained by Arizona cops until someone shows up at the jail with it.

What fucking country is this again?

JC
Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #23
shmike
Follower

Quote:

Here's the part nobody seems to have figured out:

Racial profiling is against the law. So, the cops will figure out that the only way to not be accused of racial profiling, is to pull over random white, black, beige and awkwardly tanned orange people.

Goodbye 4th amendment, it was great knowing you.

JC
You posted it earlier:

Quote:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
It doesn't say anything about being pulled over.

Officer: "License, regstration and insurance."

Looks over paperwork.

"Have a nice night Mr. Jesus. Thanks for cooperating, too many awkwardly tanned orange people around here lately."

No search, no seizure, no warrants issued.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #24
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Three.

I do, and that's what worries me.

Here's the part nobody seems to have figured out:

Racial profiling is against the law. So, the cops will figure out that the only way to not be accused of racial profiling, is to pull over random white, black, beige and awkwardly tanned orange people.

Goodbye 4th amendment, it was great knowing you.

JC
I agree. Racial profiling is against the law. That doesn't change the fact that Arizona has a problem with illegal immigration. I can't even decide if I agree with their solution, but at least it's a solution for now.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

Well guess what, if you don't, you could technically be detained by Arizona cops until someone shows up at the jail with it.

JC
no I carry a DL which is required to be carried in state of Wis. (or state issued ID if you don't have a DL) and which requires a birth certificate to get. I also carry a Social Security card which requires a birth certificate to get. I also carry insurance documents, registrations, CC, and other forms of ID all ascertaining that I am an American citizen.

to the profiling issue, I have been stopped 5 times over the years for being white and driving into the hood at what officers considered weird times. first question "what are you doing here?" why because stupid white kids in trucks like to come to the hood and buy drugs at those times. I didn't take issue with it. Why? probably because I was doing nothing wrong and therefore they had no reason to ticket me or arrest me. I work in the hood.

Ever notice those who cry the most about profiling are those who Actually got introuble when they were stopped for what they say was profiling. Yeah they profiled me and just happened to get lucky and find me doing this or that.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

JC
An Arizona drivers license, Arizona ID card, or tribal enrolment card are also sufficient.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

You all know California has a similar law? LOL
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #28
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
no I carry a DL which is required to be carried in state of Wis. (or state issued ID if you don't have a DL) and which requires a birth certificate to get. I also carry a Social Security card which requires a birth certificate to get. I also carry insurance documents, registrations, CC, and other forms of ID all ascertaining that I am an American citizen.
Once more, I don't care what they ask for, if they pulled me over with probable cause.

Quote:
to the profiling issue, I have been stopped 5 times over the years for being white and driving into the hood at what officers considered weird times. first question "what are you doing here?" why because stupid white kids in trucks like to come to the hood and buy drugs at those times. I didn't take issue with it. Why? probably because I was doing nothing wrong and therefore they had no reason to ticket me or arrest me. I work in the hood.
Well I guess that's just the difference between you and I.

I sure as hell would take issue with it. It's none of the cop's goddamn business where I'm going, or what I'm doing.

JC
Old 05-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #29
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
An Arizona drivers license, Arizona ID card, or tribal enrolment card are also sufficient.
That's great, if you happen to be from Arizona.

Last time I checked, Arizona was not an island.

JC
Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #30
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
You posted it earlier:

It doesn't say anything about being pulled over.

Officer: "License, regstration and insurance."

Looks over paperwork.

"Have a nice night Mr. Jesus. Thanks for cooperating, too many awkwardly tanned orange people around here lately."

No search, no seizure, no warrants issued.
ORLY?

From the bill:
Quote:
A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.
That is line 37. So, don't do anything wrong and they won't bother you.... seems rather subjective, doesn't it?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote