Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default shits gonna hit the fan now

Wis senate called an emergency vote tonight. the budet repair bill is apparently passsed. public employees will no longer have bargaining rights. i have to say i agree with this, as they are public employees.

democrats had no vote as they are still on vacation in Ill
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Guess that little trick didnt work out for them. its like how unions wont budge on anything then they force the govts hand and guys get laid off. happened to a few NJ police depts and the teachers in ny will soon be getting laid off.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
goof2
AMA Supersport

They couldn't vote on the entire budget repair bill since anything involving fiscal matters requires more members than they had with most of the Democrats gone. The only thing they passed were the restrictions on public sector collective bargaining. Since that had no financial aspect it didn't require as many members. Whenever the Democrats do return the Republicans would be smart to immediately pass the entire budget repair bill, including the collective bargaining provisions, to remove potential challenges to the way it was passed.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

About time those fat cat teachers got taken down a notch.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
They couldn't vote on the entire budget repair bill since anything involving fiscal matters requires more members than they had with most of the Democrats gone. The only thing they passed were the restrictions on public sector collective bargaining. Since that had no financial aspect it didn't require as many members. Whenever the Democrats do return the Republicans would be smart to immediately pass the entire budget repair bill, including the collective bargaining provisions, to remove potential challenges to the way it was passed.
thanks for the clarification. i just seen a blurb about it on the news. guess the dems got what they wanted then. they wanted bargaining removed because it wasn't fiscal. course they wanted to vote on that later, it must have given the repubs an idea to vote on that as non fiscal.

Madtown will live up to it's name for a while I'm sure.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Sarcasm I hope...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
wildchild
cruiser

now they're trashing our capitol building. i think everyone of them on video should be charged with destruction of Gov't property.

instead of running more ads about how they don't like what the bill has to offer, they should offer to pay for the damage the protest has caused. Guess they think it's fair that taxpayers throughout the state should have to pay for the damage from their personal temper tantrums.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
now they're trashing our capitol building. i think everyone of them on video should be charged with destruction of Gov't property.

instead of running more ads about how they don't like what the bill has to offer, they should offer to pay for the damage the protest has caused. Guess they think it's fair that taxpayers throughout the state should have to pay for the damage from their personal temper tantrums.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Teachers' unions have about as much concern for teachers as a sea sponge does. About as much concern as school and school board administrators, teachers' bosses, who take salaries that are 4 to 10 times as much as the teachers actually doing the work.

If the unions were really working for the union members, and really truly wanted, why would they need mandatory dues? Why would they fear having to vote on their existence every year? If they're really that important, needed, and wanted, it should be an easy vote.

Maybe, though, they realize that if the unions were held accountable for their merit, they'd wither into nothingness because teachers like my mom feel their "union dues" are money best spent elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, watching the morons on Fox calling teachers "overpaid" and "part-time workers" makes me want to punch some throats, but the union bosses aren't making life any better for teachers. Not from what I've seen.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post

Don't get me wrong, watching the morons on Fox calling teachers "overpaid" and "part-time workers" makes me want to punch some throats, but the union bosses aren't making life any better for teachers. Not from what I've seen.
It's time for the overly compensated teachers ( and especially the admins ) to get a dose of reality. WTF should they have a "golden parachute" of a retirement plan and pay next to nothing for for benefits when in the real world it doesn't work that way?

Don't give that bullshit of taking work home, they knew the "rules" when they picked that career.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote