Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 01-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #51
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
From what I've heard/seen... if you ride it, you won't give a flying fuck what it looks like.

But I can see why some people don't like the looks.
Yeah possibly, but I won't buy a liter bike as long as I live here. Just not needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #52
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Get the new R1. Tits.
It's the first Yamaha that I've liked. I mean, wicked WICKED power - almost scary. The R6 has the same feel without being scary - and more light/flickable. I say go with that... if you're looking for an I4

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #53
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Yeah then maybe I'm just not made for Buells (or KTMs for that matter!)

It looks like a baby B-king to me -- like a B-King for mere mortals.
Before you lump the KTM in with the Buells you'll have to take it for a spin! (If I ever get the fucking thing running again)

The new Zuk that looks like the B-King is not the Gladius, it's the euro-only GSR-600. The Gladius looks like a bastard stepchild of a cagiva raptor and some gay guys walk-in closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
I also rode a Pan Head chopper once with a suicide clutch, hand shifter and springer forks that were about a mile long . It was better than the sportster too.
I have a sick, twisted love affair with suicide clutch bikes. I've ridden one jockey shift, a '53 45ci Harley, and one suicide shift bike, a rat rod rebel 450. I am thinking of doing a garage chop on an old XS650 and making it suicide shift. It scares people.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #54
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
From what I've heard/seen... if you ride it, you won't give a flying fuck what it looks like.

But I can see why some people don't like the looks.
I recall saying something similar to this in respect to the 1125's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #55
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I've always liked the Monster...but I'm not wild about the looks of the new ones...but the performance seems to be up a notch or two.

I love the Hyper and the 999....of course...the 1098 is growing on me.
Just to jump in hear I love my 05 999 and it is every bit as realible as my Japanese bikes. I think like Harley stories of relaiblility issues circulate and getting bigger as they get burned into the group mind. I will happily add another Duc (1198S) as soon as the budget allows

Last edited by nhgunnut; 01-25-2009 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: I cant type
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #56
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Alright, I guess I'm gonna finally chime in on this. I've ridden sportbikes and cruizers, I've ridden Honda's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, the standard Harley, and the Buell. One night a couple of the guys I work with and I went out for a ride. The bikes were: Suzuki GSXR 600, Kawasaki ZX7, Yamaha R6, my RC51, and a Buell XB12S.

I like the way the Buell looks, the only streetfighter that looks better is the Trimuph. But the guy on the Buell traded bikes with me and we all went for a ride to Denny's at like 2am. Let me just say this, I love twins, but after that ride, I will never own a Buell. I could feel that the thing wanted to wheelie right off the bat in most any gear, and with very little throttle. The thing that cemented this decision into my head was simple. We were sitting at a a red light waiting to turn left. The light turned green so we go, but I didn't dare change gears leaned over like I can on my Honda for fear of the rear kicking out on me. So I rode through the intersection in 1st at something like 5k (damn thing redlines at ~6k). Personally it's got too much power too low and not enough power higher on the tach. My RC cruises at 80 in 5th and while it definitely likes doing better than 30mph, I felt that it was better suited for the city than the Buell, and even better for the track.

Ride what you love, and if what you love is a Buell, then good on ya.

But for the opening question, off the top of my head: the Suzuki Gladius,Honda DN01, Ducati Monster 1100, Ducati 1198, Honda 230SM, and Yamaha FZ6R.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Alright, I guess I'm gonna finally chime in on this. I've ridden sportbikes and cruizers, I've ridden Honda's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, the standard Harley, and the Buell. One night a couple of the guys I work with and I went out for a ride. The bikes were: Suzuki GSXR 600, Kawasaki ZX7, Yamaha R6, my RC51, and a Buell XB12S.

I like the way the Buell looks, the only streetfighter that looks better is the Trimuph. But the guy on the Buell traded bikes with me and we all went for a ride to Denny's at like 2am. Let me just say this, I love twins, but after that ride, I will never own a Buell. I could feel that the thing wanted to wheelie right off the bat in most any gear, and with very little throttle. The thing that cemented this decision into my head was simple. We were sitting at a a red light waiting to turn left. The light turned green so we go, but I didn't dare change gears leaned over like I can on my Honda for fear of the rear kicking out on me. So I rode through the intersection in 1st at something like 5k (damn thing redlines at ~6k). Personally it's got too much power too low and not enough power higher on the tach. My RC cruises at 80 in 5th and while it definitely likes doing better than 30mph, I felt that it was better suited for the city than the Buell, and even better for the track.

But for the opening question, off the top of my head: the Suzuki Gladius,Honda DN01, Ducati Monster 1100, Ducati 1198, Honda 230SM, and Yamaha FZ6R.
I love the feeling of the front wheel getting light.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #58
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:

There's your problem. Why were you using first??? 2nd and 3rd are all you need on the XB's (unless going for top speed or slow racing)

Ridden an 1125 yet? They pull almost as hard on the bottom, and all the way up to 10500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #59
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

I know, 2nd and 3rd is all I need with the Honda on the track, but 1st lasts one hell of a lot longer with the RC than with his XB. I must just be used to having to slip the clutch up to 20 mph as opposed to shifting into 2nd at 20mph. Believe me, that pig of mine pulls like a damn freight train, and while she is more than capable of pulling the front off the ground, she's not likely to. The exact opposite of the Buell. The XB was more likely to wheelie than pull.

And I was in first because I had just taken off from a light in the left turn lane.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #60
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I know, 2nd and 3rd is all I need with the Honda on the track, but 1st lasts one hell of a lot longer with the RC than with his XB. I must just be used to having to slip the clutch up to 20 mph as opposed to shifting into 2nd at 20mph. Believe me, that pig of mine pulls like a damn freight train, and while she is more than capable of pulling the front off the ground, she's not likely to. The exact opposite of the Buell. The XB was more likely to wheelie than pull.

And I was in first because I had just taken off from a light in the left turn lane.
By chance did he have the 9 primary gears in the 12? I mean...my 12 will wheelie...but its not like the front tire is rarely in contact with the pavement. You've got to coax it up...it's not like it's first instinct is to wheelie.

Now...if he had the 9 primary gears in there then I could see it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote