Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple
Default I Always Said My Hitch Was Like a Battering Ram...

...for those who don't pay attention. The lady that rear ended me at 60MPH while I was at a stop found out the hard way. She was taken to the hospital in an ambulance with lacerations from her seat belt, possibly more. The deputy told me she had just gotten her car back from the body shop; I can only assume she was in a previous accident not long ago. You can see how far forward she moved me, and that was after I slammed into the Frontier that was stopped in front of me. Something on 400 was slowing down traffic and the people ahead of me were at a stop.

Considering my Xterra is 7 years old and value is somewhere between $7-10K, depending on if the insurance company uses trade-in or personal sale value, it may be totalled. Quite a bit of frame damage in the rear and plenty of body damage all around.

I'm OK but banged up; getting sore all over now that a few hours have passed. Just very happy my son wasn't in the truck with me. The X has been very good to me; will be sad to see it go, if that's the case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2033.JPG (314.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2035.jpg (92.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2036.jpg (82.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2037.JPG (296.2 KB, 120 views)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote