Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 02-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #21
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
10-4 to that one.

What if you just got a whatever sized stainless steel threaded nipple, put a cap on one end, and put a cap on the other end with a hole in it for overflow. Or you could tap it and put on a barbed fitting???

Threaded nipples go by diameter and length. If you interested I may have some at our office but not sure on what diameters or lengths we have.
You could strap some lead ingots to it too.

That bike is way too light...

JC
Old 02-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Crazy thought but doesn't the TLR have a semi trellis style frame? Could you use lexan and high temp silicone to seal one of the openings and run a tube into it?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
You could strap some lead ingots to it too.

That bike is way too light...

JC

TLR and light do not belong in the same sentence. I'm curious as to how much weight he will shed off of it by street fightering it out.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
10-4 to that one.

What if you just got a whatever sized stainless steel threaded nipple, put a cap on one end, and put a cap on the other end with a hole in it for overflow. Or you could tap it and put on a barbed fitting???

Threaded nipples go by diameter and length. If you interested I may have some at our office but not sure on what diameters or lengths we have.
That's an interesting idea... I'm still gonna try this first:

I guess it was a Jim Beam flask, not a Jack Daniels. That's probably why it leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Crazy thought but doesn't the TLR have a semi trellis style frame? Could you use lexan and high temp silicone to seal one of the openings and run a tube into it?
No, the TLS is the one with the trellis frame... However, your idea is VERY cool.

Quote:
TLR and light do not belong in the same sentence. I'm curious as to how much weight he will shed off of it by street fightering it out.
Yeah, I am too. I am going to make my own tail lights and signals out of an acrylic bar I bought off eBay... and I'm going overkill by using 0.050" AL sheet to make the undertail tray... four fog lights give it a couple of lbs too... however, I have a bunch of 0.100" carbon fiber sheets that I am going to use for brackets and whatnot... I should be keeping the weight down to a minimum.

I know all the shit I just sold off the thing - plastics and whatnot - were almost 40lbs (by my best guess) and I should be able to drop another couple by removing the pair valve and hacking off half of the subframe (and along with that the passenger shit and those ridiculous heat sheilds)...

Eventually I'm going to try to find a retarded deal on some wheels - in the least, some old Aprilia RSV Mille's - non radial - that will fit up with minimal effort and shave off another 5-7lbs or so. I'm always on the lookout for ti exhaust too... though that's pipe dream shit... my budget is going to be next to nothing... I just wish I could find some of those deals like I've seen on TL Planet... you see that guy who bought a wrecked bike with Ohlins rear suspension, Marchesini or something similar wheels, full exhaust, and a number of other bits? Yeah, he got it for like $1k. THAT's the sort of deal I'm looking for.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #25
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Those billet brackets for the exhaust hangers looked nice, you could get that huge chuck of aluminum holding up the cans off.

I have never seen the full Ti exhaust for sale on ebay, TLP or TLZ. I've seen G-Rex's in person and it looks badass how the headers have blued up.

I'm always on the look out for some killer deals on wheels, but I'm having no luck finding anything remote to a good one.

When I put the full Yosh, there was a big difference in weight of the can's. The header's and piping not so much.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Those billet brackets for the exhaust hangers looked nice, you could get that huge chuck of aluminum holding up the cans off.

I have never seen the full Ti exhaust for sale on ebay, TLP or TLZ. I've seen G-Rex's in person and it looks badass how the headers have blued up.

I'm always on the look out for some killer deals on wheels, but I'm having no luck finding anything remote to a good one.

When I put the full Yosh, there was a big difference in weight of the can's. The header's and piping not so much.
I think I'm the only one that doesn't like Vandriver's exhaust brackets... There was a picture of some in one of those threads that were way better and came off the passenger peg mounts. I'm probably going to try to hack something together with all this CF sheet and other materials I have around here...

Since I have Yosh cans, I'd only be interested in Ti exhaust... weight savings...

If you want a killer deal on wheels...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/April...Q5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/April...Q5fAccessories

A couple of 2.5mm spacers for the front and different bearings in the rear to accommodate the TL axle... you're set. These are the same wheels sparky is selling on TLPlanet.

If I had a extra $400 laying around, I'd probably jump on those.

Should save you about 3lbs per wheel...

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 02-07-2011 at 12:29 PM..
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote