Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default A flurry of trade activity

In my fantasy league today. my bro in laws cousin decided to have a fire sale with his team. H ehas a lot of good players but just had crummy weeks and lost a lot of close games but is prety much out of the playoff hunt this year.

fo rnext years draft he now has extra picks in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 9th rounds. I gave up my 5th round pick for eli manning. I tried ot get rothlisburger but my bro in law beat me to the punch on that one.

I say if this guy doesnt win our league next year everyone gets to kick him in the nuts at leat once.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i never understood how that shit works. (nor cared enough to look it up. care about my post count tho)
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #3
t-homo
WSB Champion

I had never looked into it until this year when one of my friends showed me. I think it could actually be fun, but I don't watch the entire spectrum of games, just a few select teams.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

My team is finally performing like I thought they would. I have won 5 straight and climbed from 2nd to last to 3rd place.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My team is finally performing like I thought they would. I have won 5 straight and climbed from 2nd to last to 3rd place.
I amn currently in first in my division but have 2 other teams right behind me that are a game out. I have a tie so that affects my record as well but so far in a good way.

I was looking at some of our tie breakers since I split the games with these 2 other people, first ist points for which I am second overall and first in my division, but for points allowed I am dead last. Part of that was in week one I played my sisters team and she has brees and colston, and I had a very bad week. I think brees outscored my entire team that week

Tom
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I amn currently in first in my division but have 2 other teams right behind me that are a game out. I have a tie so that affects my record as well but so far in a good way.

I was looking at some of our tie breakers since I split the games with these 2 other people, first ist points for which I am second overall and first in my division, but for points allowed I am dead last. Part of that was in week one I played my sisters team and she has brees and colston, and I had a very bad week. I think brees outscored my entire team that week

Tom
I'm actually tied with the top 2 teams as far as record goes. So I'm sitting pretty right now. Just gotta keep the momentum going.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm actually tied with the top 2 teams as far as record goes. So I'm sitting pretty right now. Just gotta keep the momentum going.
This is a bad week for me, I just traded for eli whos on the bye, and my top QB, Matt schaub is also on the bye so I will be starting jake delhome and vince young. Schaub has been kinda quiet the last few weeks anyway but my RB's Nand receivers have been putting up good #'s.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
This is a bad week for me, I just traded for eli whos on the bye, and my top QB, Matt schaub is also on the bye so I will be starting jake delhome and vince young. Schaub has been kinda quiet the last few weeks anyway but my RB's Nand receivers have been putting up good #'s.
Ouch. I drafted every single player with bye weeks in mind. However, I've had about 4 kickers now because I only drafted one. So every time my K has a bye week I dump him and pick someone else up.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Ouch. I drafted every single player with bye weeks in mind. However, I've had about 4 kickers now because I only drafted one. So every time my K has a bye week I dump him and pick someone else up.
Kickers are prety interchangable. I did prety well as far as drafting and the byes, week 4 was bad but the guy I played had a monster week anyway so it was no big deal. I was hopin got get rothlisburger from this guy but I was too late and had to settle on eli. I figure I am prety much a lock to make the playoffs now but woul dlike the bye as a division winner.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Roth has been awesome this year. Eli has had a rough few weeks, but he'll get back on track. You should have a solid finish with him.

Romo is finally hitting his stride for me. And Mike Turner is a bull lately. Crushing dudes.

Quote: