Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes
Default techlusion vs bazzaz vs powercommander vs ecu flash????

i just (finally) put a full exhaust on my bike, and big surprise, its running mighty lean.

so, from what i hear, the techlusion only adds fuel and is the cheapest, but theres some folks who think its garbage.

bazzaz is expensive and will do everything i could possibly ever want

pc is the old standby, lil cheaper than bazzaz, lil more than techlusion.

all these i can install myself, withoout a dyno. ecu flash im pretty clueless on as far as where to get it done.

im more about trying to have the bike run really really good, as opposed to squeezing the last .2 hp out of it just before redline. so i dont think i need a custom map, but it does need something.

bike is a 2000 gsxr 750, bmc race filter, hindle full stainless exhaust, supersport muffler. ideas, suggestions??
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
i just (finally) put a full exhaust on my bike, and big surprise, its running mighty lean.

so, from what i hear, the techlusion only adds fuel and is the cheapest, but theres some folks who think its garbage.

bazzaz is expensive and will do everything i could possibly ever want

pc is the old standby, lil cheaper than bazzaz, lil more than techlusion.

all these i can install myself, withoout a dyno. ecu flash im pretty clueless on as far as where to get it done.

im more about trying to have the bike run really really good, as opposed to squeezing the last .2 hp out of it just before redline. so i dont think i need a custom map, but it does need something.

bike is a 2000 gsxr 750, bmc race filter, hindle full stainless exhaust, supersport muffler. ideas, suggestions??
YES! See if you can find the Yoshimura ECU set-up. That's what I had on my '01 GSXR 1000 and it was the bomb! If not, they also had a ecu reprogrammer but I'm not sure that it would work on your bike. I'll look into it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Bazzazz if you want a custom map and future potentail for TC or variable mapping.

Cheap plug and play, get the power commander and run the base map for whatever application your running. Specify brand and full system or slip on and they pretty well do the tuning for you. Later on if your not satisfied an hour of dyno tuning should have you good.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!

Last edited by smileyman; 08-10-2010 at 09:17 AM..
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

I have been running the 01 Victory with the Techlusion for about 7 years. if is easy to use but limited as noted you can only add fuel and most guys who who ae running it have noted that there at least a couple spots in the curve where it is very rich.
I use a Power commander setup on my 05 Hayabusa Turbo for the past 5 years It offers a better interface and most tuners are quite familiar with it. It has the advantage of having lots of addo ns to go with it and is really a bit of a standard. Most new product compare themselves to it.
I am using a boost by smith ecu flashing kit on my 08 B King has a lot more in the way of option than the power comander but far fewer tuners that use the ECUDICator software and this is a bit of a challange. ALso flashing and reflashing maps takes about 4 times as long than the PC
Hope this help no experience with the Bazzaz
Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Dnyce
flyin high

i found the yosh ecu, seems nice, very similar to the pc. even the maps are interchangeable someone said... $300 tho-that a good deal? i found a pc11 for $200, pc111 are all $275-$320.

pc11 can adjust timing, pc111 cant.

the techlusion is out, i downloaded some pc maps that would go with what i have, and while they seem to add alot of fuel in the midrange, they also take out alot in other areas...

id sorta like to try the ecu flash, but like you say, the "know how" is hard to find, along with money for the extended dyno time

let me know what you find AL

Last edited by Dnyce; 08-10-2010 at 12:15 PM..
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
i found the yosh ecu, seems nice, very similar to the pc. even the maps are interchangeable someone said... $300 tho-that a good deal? i found a pc11 for $200, pc111 are all $275-$320.

pc11 can adjust timing, pc111 cant.

the techlusion is out, i downloaded some pc maps that would go with what i have, and while they seem to add alot of fuel in the midrange, they also take out alot in other areas...

id sorta like to try the ecu flash, but like you say, the "know how" is hard to find, along with money for the extended dyno time

let me know what you find AL
The Yoshi boxes are pretty limited I would check boostbysmith.com if you are thinking of ECU flashing got his box for 200. The PCIII needs that ad on timing module ( I have it) Even if you find the budget finding someone who knows the software (there are several programs for ECU flashing) is the challange
Old 08-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
The Yoshi boxes are pretty limited I would check boostbysmith.com if you are thinking of ECU flashing got his box for 200. The PCIII needs that ad on timing module ( I have it) Even if you find the budget finding someone who knows the software (there are several programs for ECU flashing) is the challange
You might be thinking of this...

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-engine...justerBox.aspx

While I'm thinking of this...

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/p-3979-g...00-em-pro.aspx

What he really needs is this...

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/yoshimura_ems.htm

or this...looks a little banged up though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...s#ht_512wt_939

The old units didn't hook up just before the injectors but between the ECU and the fuel management system. It will also adjust the timing of your bike. This one looks a little rough though....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

If you want fuel and timing flexibility, get the PC. Most of the bikes that we custom dyno/map (5-10/wk) are waayyy off the correct ratio, downloaded "custom" maps and all. Bazazz are ok, and the high-end will get you TC, but no timing adjustment (why?), whereas the PC has fewer bells and whistles, but is easier to tune, has timing, and with a careful tuner, can get almost ideal fuel/air across the board.

And a decent map for every gear/throttle position takes about 3 hrs, not 1...if they're doing it in an hour, they're either only doing top gear, or they're only doing the top third of the throttle positions.

We remap 2-3 bikes/week done poorly by other shops.

JMHO
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-engine...justerBox.aspx

While I'm thinking of this...

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/p-3979-g...00-em-pro.aspx

The old units didn't hook up just before the injectors but between the ECU and the fuel management system. It will also adjust the timing of your bike. This one looks a little rough though....
I was actually thinking of the second one the third one is closer to what I would want. The kit I am using also offers the added ability on the Busa class machines (will work with all of the suzuki ecu just harder to find the software) of pulling the timing retard restrictions out of the upper gears and the Secondary throttle restrictions out of 1-3 on the B King and 1-2 on a busa (to qualify) My experience is with the Busa class Machines. Gregs kit is $199 software is free and you use your computer (usually a laptop) and the latest development for in the ECUDicator is using the on board oxygen sensor for low level data logging. (they are not wide band sensors) Many Busa guys are using the just ECU editing through this kit to mange their High Turbo Functions . Honestly having said all that for a day to day rider that is going to depend a a Tuner I would probably say go PC. I chose not to on the B King for the simplest of reason no space (took about 40 minutes to find a space for the Speedo healer) and price (275 to 300 for a PC 200 for the flash Kit)
Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post

thats what i found for $300 new, at the same site as you lol-im not too sure on the banged up one, i found a pcii brand new for a few dollars more... but i like the features of the yosh box, seems to have the same tuneability as a newer pc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
If you want fuel and timing flexibility, get the PC. Most of the bikes that we custom dyno/map (5-10/wk) are waayyy off the correct ratio, downloaded "custom" maps and all. Bazazz are ok, and the high-end will get you TC, but no timing adjustment (why?), whereas the PC has fewer bells and whistles, but is easier to tune, has timing, and with a careful tuner, can get almost ideal fuel/air across the board.

And a decent map for every gear/throttle position takes about 3 hrs, not 1...if they're doing it in an hour, they're either only doing top gear, or they're only doing the top third of the throttle positions.

We remap 2-3 bikes/week done poorly by other shops.

JMHO
definitely good to know, and thats the type of tune id want.

also-i contacted a guy that does ecu flashing thru ebay, turns out hes pretty local, said if i let them use my bike and keep the dyno rights or whatever, they would do it for me(i think for free, im working that out now. . apparently they havent done a 2000 gsxr 750 before.

but these are my for sure options, so what do u think? banged up yosh for about 200 shipped, new pcii for 200 shipped, or new yosh for $300? cheapest pcii and above was in $300 range as well, and the way i see it, the yosh box adjusts timing but the pciii doesnt unless u get some add ons...

Last edited by Dnyce; 08-11-2010 at 12:34 AM..
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote