Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

That's why... I suggested the Yosh to begin with... I had a '01 and at that time there was no better option out there. The PC didn't do timing and for real, who better than Yosh to get maps from for a GSXR in 2000-2004?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #12
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

true-but now that its 2010, in your opinion, would you pick the yosh for $300 or a new pc ii for $200? they both do timing and fuel....
bang for buck
Old 08-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
true-but now that its 2010, in your opinion, would you pick the yosh for $300 or a new pc ii for $200? they both do timing and fuel....
bang for buck
That's tough... I have a PC on my bike now because Yosh didn't offer a unit when I first got my bike. They quit making them for a while. I kid you not, if I were buying one today for my bike, I would get the Yosh, real talk (bringing it back). I was very, very unhappy with the PC I had on my 00 'Busa and very, very happy with the Yosh on the 01 GSXR 1K. Man, I guess for the money...wait do you have a laptop with a serial port or a serial port adapter? I had to find one when I did my 'Busa. Unless it's changed, the PCII is not USB equipped...not a huge problem but I thought that I'd mention it... Yea for the money, I'd have to go with the PCII, just make sure that the dang thing is properly sealed. Mine screwed up every time I washed my bike. Until you're sure that you can totally trust it, make sure you have the tools handy to unhook it if your bike quits. I have to say that the PCIII USB that I currently have on my bike hasn't given me even a moment of trouble FWIW...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
thats what i found for $300 new, at the same site as you lol-im not too sure on the banged up one, i found a pcii brand new for a few dollars more... but i like the features of the yosh box, seems to have the same tuneability as a newer pc.

definitely good to know, and thats the type of tune id want.

also-i contacted a guy that does ecu flashing thru ebay, turns out hes pretty local, said if i let them use my bike and keep the dyno rights or whatever, they would do it for me(i think for free, im working that out now. . apparently they havent done a 2000 gsxr 750 before.

but these are my for sure options, so what do u think? banged up yosh for about 200 shipped, new pcii for 200 shipped, or new yosh for $300? cheapest pcii and above was in $300 range as well, and the way i see it, the yosh box adjusts timing but the pciii doesnt unless u get some add ons...

If you can get the ecu map and flash done for free, that would be good. Make certain they give you a copy for the unlikely circumstance of a bad ecu down the road.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
Dnyce
flyin high

i have the right ports on my laptop, ive played around with a pcii on a busa a few times. ill probably get the pcii.

im really hoping for the free ecu flash, and ill make sure to get a copy, but im still in talks with the guy, not sure how its gonna work out, if at all. but that would be my first choice cuz its free and its a complete tune. heres hoping

thanks for the input ev1
Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
i have the right ports on my laptop, ive played around with a pcii on a busa a few times. ill probably get the pcii.

im really hoping for the free ecu flash, and ill make sure to get a copy, but im still in talks with the guy, not sure how its gonna work out, if at all. but that would be my first choice cuz its free and its a complete tune. heres hoping

thanks for the input ev1
Do let us know how it goes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
Dnyce
flyin high

the free flash is out, guy doesnt want to do it. says before 2004, the ecu's were too heavily encrypted, wouldnt be too profitable for him i guess.

but he then said a dyno tune is 200bucks and takes an hour. and i specifically asked for a full tune, not just high gear.

so once my magical box shows up, ill see if i can get it pretty close to right, and then start looking for a good dyno shop.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Dnyce
flyin high

well, update, i threw a offer for $120 at the $200 pc2, and itll be here next week
Old 09-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
well, update, i threw a offer for $120 at the $200 pc2, and itll be here next week
Where from? I'd like one for my bike...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #20
Dnyce
flyin high

seller on ebay, was surprised he accepted my offer honestly, but that was the only one he had.

i did a quick search for your bike, found a used one for $149
pcii for tl1000r