Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 10-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

welcome! yeah NtS is our unoffical spokes person and apparently... mascot...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #12
t-homo
WSB Champion

Yeah, I never had a hangover that whole weekend either. Great time. I figured you would ignore us and not come, seeing as how you were introduced to the forum.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #13
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
welcome! yeah NtS is our unoffical spokes person and apparently... mascot...
That worries me.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #14
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

hahahah hilarious that you met that way

welcome to the site buddy. what did you race, tz's, rs's, etc?
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #15
Fat Baby Joe
Squid

Moto: '04 KTM 950 Adventure, '96 Honda rs125, '96 Yamaha tz250, '02 Honda cr250

The free beer was certainly appreciated!

I have a Honda rs125, and a Yamaha tz250.

I got the 125 in '00 from Peter Hoffman out in CA. He was a gpra national champion (used to race with the likes of Vickie Bell), went on to do some European GP before he crashed hard and messed up his right hand. The bike has been through a few changes.. It was a '96 (arguably one of the best engine years), but has '00 cases, a '97 frame, magnesium rims, and lots of other goodies. I've also stuffed the cases and done some cylinder matching/porting. It's a quick one. Due to the engine configuration, it has a lot of overrev and high speed power, but is not as torque-ey as the 96 engine it came with (which would wheelie in 2nd gear, but have NO top end). Obviously, different powerbands are needed for different tracks. So setup is a key factor.

It weighs in at 160lbs, puts out around 40hp. The power band is like a light switch.. nolthing until around 9500rpm.. then it wants to rip itself out of your hand. It's a hard bike to learn, but an easy bike to ride.. but a really hard bike to go fast on. High cornerspeed is the key. Gas it until you think you're gonna die.. then wait another two seconds. I put a brembo radial brake master on it.. I can go from 6th gear to 1st gear and have the rear end in the air with one finger. Crazy. It tops out around 120mph, and on long tracks, the draft is important.

The TZ is also a 96, but heavily modified. I got if from a friend, Steve Scott who had done the full AMA 250 season its' final year (04? 05?). He had some top ten finishes on this bike. It's got a full charge electrical system, the cases are stuffed, B-kit cylinders, overbored carbs, jolly moto pipes.

It weighs in at 220lbs, and produces about 85hp. The thing is a friggin rocketship. And that's an understatement. The powerband is a little more forgiving.. it comes on a bit smoother.. but it pulls HARD. And I mean HARD. Fantastic bike.

I do all my own work.. suspension, tuning and wrenching. I do all my own engine rebuilds, etc. While some think the bikes are a pain, due to higher maintenance thhan normal, I find that it's a positive factor. You could take either of those bikes apart to the nut.. and I can tell you what every part is, where it goes, and what it does. It really helps when you race to know your bike at that level of detail.. Of course, when I started racing these things I had NO idea what I was doing. I was lucky to have pitted with a bunch of really good two-stroke guys from day one. I learned a lot froom them (and have since passed down quite a bit of knowledge to others... that's how it works).

Anyways, there ya go. Here's an onboard clip from my bike for the warmup lap at the can-am 125 nationals at Mosport in '05. I got third:

http://www.fatbaby.org/racing/video/050717joe.mpg

I haven't done much racing since 06 due to time constraints.. but I do teach track days at NHIS. It's fun to show the big bike guys with snotty attitudes how raw power really means nothing at the track

Enjoy!
Fat Baby Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #16
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

Welcome to the forum, fat baby joe! Did he look like this when you found him?

Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Baby Joe View Post
I haven't done much racing since 06 due to time constraints.. but I do teach track days at NHIS. It's fun to show the big bike guys with snotty attitudes how raw power really means nothing at the track

Enjoy!
Well you may have met another one of us and not even known it.
We have a member, CEO1243391543514238, that rides at NHIS all the time. His name is Christopher and rides a black 06 R6.

Someone post up a pic of CEO, I'm too lazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Well you may have met another one of us and not even known it.
We have a member, CEO1243391543514238, that rides at NHIS all the time. His name is Christopher and rides a black 06 R6.

Someone post up a pic of CEO, I'm too lazy.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
hahahhahahahhahahahhha, nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #20
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

This one's on my screensaver....

Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote