Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #31
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Baby Joe View Post
Where is your friend riding? NH"M"S ? Is he racing?

You'll find that Motomarket days are far more laid back and even a little less restrictive (since the headcount will be lower) than the track days you are doing now.

Nice bike, btw.. you gonna race that? If so, you better get some race skins!! It's not a matter of *if* you crash...

Come to a Motomarket day and I'll let you take the 125 out for a spin, assuming you don't ride like an ass. Be prepared though, at Loudon you shift the 125 a total of 28 times *per lap*.

A good friend of mine died in '04 after he had brake failure on his Duc and hit the T3 wall. Another friend of mine hit the T3 wall, and flew so far he bounced off the T10 fence, and was in ICU for a spell... and one other 125 guy I know ended up hitting the tire wall outside T6, abut walked away with "only" a concussion and an amazingly bruised forehead. The last two got so shaken up they both gave up racing. the list goes on and on..

I find that even though I'm only teaching track days, I have absolutely no desire to go fast at Loudon. I used to do 1:20 flats there, but probably wouldn't break 1:26s if you paid me *laugh*. It's a by-product of racing at "real" tracks (as I stated earlier). Loudon is a great track for Motards and Karts though.. In fact, karts hold the lap record for Loudon, except that they don't use the T12 chicane.

btw- if you wanna go fast at Loudon, go spend a weekend at Mosport. Nothing like some 6th gear WFO blind turns to make T1 at Loudon seem like a bad joke..

OK. I'm done rambling... again lol

btw- Marco- thanks, and nice Napolean quote..!
Yes it's just a trackday acquaintance of mine who often pits near me, Roland. He does all the Tony's days, and he'll be testing the 125 out at the new NJMP with me this coming long weekend. I don't think he has any intentions to race.

Yes, I am racing the R6 next year. Look a little bit closer, and you'll realize that there are already race skins on there Along with number plates, just awaiting some red numbers...

You're right, T3 is a hairy place to crash... I've crashed there but came out unscathed. But T8 is a much scarier place to crash in my opinion because you're going so fucking fast

You're right that Loudon is a great motard track, I intend to get a little 'tarded there next year in addition to racing my 6

It's funny that you consider running a 1:26 to just be 'relaxing', since that's roughly about my best time .... I'm slow... but working on it. I think once I start racing the competition should easily pressure me to go faster... I feel like I ride with a decent amount in reserve at track days. Also, there are the passing rules and stuff at Tony's.

I have a friend who does cars at Loudon and he's made the trek up to Mosport... he said it was AMAZING. I really want to ride more tracks... doing NJMP this weekend which will be my first track besides Loudon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Baby Joe View Post
Oh btw Christopher.. the 125 is gp shift and has a semi-automatic upshifter.. so once you get rolling, you NEVER use the clutch.. keep the gas pinned and bang away to upshift, and roll it off and bang away to downshift...
That sounds like fun... and awesome that it's GP because that's the only way I roll I would like to ride yours, sounds like I really need to get myself to one of these motomarket days next season

There was one that a friend of mine did recently that I wanted to join him for, but the scheduling just didn't work out. You probably saw him, Manny... he is an orthodontist, so he has "The Orthodontist" on the back of his leathers in the Rossi font like "The Doctor"... he has an AMAZINGLY built up DRZ400SM, and a really really sick Ducati 749R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
BTW...I'm a Sox fan too.
You could say the same for me.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote