Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
If Fedor does goes to the UFC I'm sure s Fedor vs Lesner would happen at some point. Wonder if Vitor Belfort is going to go back to the UFC also. The guy awesome when he first came in the UFC but after a couple of losses to Colture he just wasn't the same, still an awesome fighter.
So until recently, I've been pretty Fedor-ignorant. I just took all that shit on face value that he's an MMA god... Then I watched a dozen or so of his fights... Now I'm pretty sure if Fedor does get a shot against Lesnar, he will get dropped on his head until his bowels release and the fight is called.

I am NOT impressed with Fedor AT ALL.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I hope Fedor pounds Lesner.

I don't care if Fedor loses later...even in a rematch to Lesner at some point but if he pounds Lesner I will lmao !!

Having said this though...I won't be betting on it since I learned a lesson the hard way "thinking" CroCop would come in to the UFC and be impressive.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #13
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
So until recently, I've been pretty Fedor-ignorant. I just took all that shit on face value that he's an MMA god... Then I watched a dozen or so of his fights... Now I'm pretty sure if Fedor does get a shot against Lesnar, he will get dropped on his head until his bowels release and the fight is called.

I am NOT impressed with Fedor AT ALL.
Which fights did you watch of his?

The only fight I've seen anyone come close to beating Fedors head in, was the CroCop K1 fight that was a split decision in Fedors favor(probably because he was reigning champ)

I know he's got 1 loss to his name, but I haven't seen the fight, nor do I know who it was against.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Like I said, I watched a bunch of his fights... The two that were supposed tobe the most impressive. According to the googling I did were Randleman and gary goodrich or or some shit... Neither impressed me with Fedors alledged greatness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Which fights did you watch of his?

The only fight I've seen anyone come close to beating Fedors head in, was the CroCop K1 fight that was a split decision in Fedors favor(probably because he was reigning champ)

I know he's got 1 loss to his name, but I haven't seen the fight, nor do I know who it was against.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Let's see... the last 3 Fedor fights I have seen he has defeated:
Andrei Arlovski - at one time considered by many to be "the next great HW", but in reality may have the chin of Glass Joe
Some gigantic Chinese dude Hong Man Choi- literally like almost 8ft tall with relatively little skill
Pig Sylvia -Nuff said there.

Last loss was in 2000, via cut in round 1 (like 30 seconds into the fight)to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka (but came back later to beat him by TKO)

Not a bad list of names to have wins against:
"Babalu" Sobral
Semmy Schilt
Heath Herring
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (multiple times)
Fujita
Gary Goodridge
Mark Coleman (multiple times)
Kevin Randleman
Cro Cop
Mark Hunt

I think what it is is that Fedor has fought pretty much everyone put in front of him and won. Also for a HW, he has most of his wins by sub, not by KO. I was really looking forward to him fighting Josh Barnett (before Barnett got busted for roids). I think it may have been the only real test he has had in years.
Fuck it, I say have him and Kimbo go at it.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #16
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

No surprise. Called this shit last year. They built a promotion around Fedor, and when he hasn't been on the card, they've cancelled the events. It's the same mess that Elite XC went through by building their promotion around Kimbo.

Affliction clothing is still in business and will be announcing some collaboration shit with UFC tomorrow in a press conference. The clothing ban has been lifted by UFC so you'll see more of their sponsored fighters wearing their gear in the ring again, and most likely, them sponsoring more fighters.

The problem with Fedor coming to the UFC is less about Fedor and more about his managing team, M-1 Global. They're the ones arranging all the contract shit. Their big thing, aside from wanting too much money, is that they want all events with Fedor to be co-sponsored between them and UFC. Not a chance in hell that the UFC is going to co-anything. Fedor also wants to be able to go fight at other promotions and do his Sambo tournaments, which also goes against the UFC grain. I could see them possibly bending to let him do the Sambo thing, but I don't see them bending on giving M-1 Global any kind of co-producing/co-sponsor/co-billing. That'd be like the NFL co-sponsoring all Dallas Cowboy games with the Arena Football League. Dana White has already said that Fedor's first fight in the UFC would be a title shot against Lesnar, so they're game to get him the fight he wants, but his management team will end up being the one who sinks any Fedor/UFC deal.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #17
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
It's just for as much as people talk shit about it, I have yet to ever have anyone say it to my face aka in person, while I'm wearing a shirt.
On a local rock station, they have a guy from the morning show go around to Atlanta's "hippist" clubs and interview people about the clothes they are wearing and how much they cost while they are standing in line. They then have 2 callers call in and guess how much their outfit costs. They call it "Buy-Curious".

Anyways they'll go on to say "Affliction/Ed Hardy shirt, True Religion jeans, k-swiss, etc, etc." Then they add up the total cost. At the end the radio announcer says to them to "repeat after me, for $500 you too, can dress like a douchebag". People usually just say "Fuck you" or turn the phrase to say they are dressed like a pimp.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

The problem with Fedor coming to the UFC is less about Fedor and more about his managing team, M-1 Global. They're the ones arranging all the contract shit. Their big thing, aside from wanting too much money, is that they want all events with Fedor to be co-sponsored between them and UFC. Not a chance in hell that the UFC is going to co-anything. Fedor also wants to be able to go fight at other promotions and do his Sambo tournaments, which also goes against the UFC grain. I could see them possibly bending to let him do the Sambo thing, but I don't see them bending on giving M-1 Global any kind of co-producing/co-sponsor/co-billing. Dana White has already said that Fedor's first fight in the UFC would be a title shot against Lesnar, so they're game to get him the fight he wants, but his management team will end up being the one who sinks any Fedor/UFC deal.
Fedor is M1 Global. He is part owner of it, last I heard.

Back in the day, the UFC wanted to co promote (remember when they allowed Chuck to fight in Pride? Hell, Dana White was one of the commentators!).
But now they are the big dog in the yard, so it really isn't necessary...they call the shots, and they know it. They don't need Fedor, as much as Fedor would need them, so to speak.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
On a local rock station, they have a guy from the morning show go around to Atlanta's "hippist" clubs and interview people about the clothes they are wearing and how much they cost while they are standing in line. They then have 2 callers call in and guess how much their outfit costs. They call it "Buy-Curious".

Anyways they'll go on to say "Affliction/Ed Hardy shirt, True Religion jeans, k-swiss, etc, etc." Then they add up the total cost. At the end the radio announcer says to them to "repeat after me, for $500 you too, can dress like a douchebag". People usually just say "Fuck you" or turn the phrase to say they are dressed like a pimp.
Ya sadly, I don't buy my clothes because its the "in" or hip thing. Nor do I go to clubs. I buy because I'm slightly muscular and I find their cut/fit fits me better than your standard cotton Haynes T.

Plus as I said before, I support a few of their fighters. How much they see from it, I'm not sure, but I know some of it goes to Randy Couture for creating the company, and I support him too.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Ya sadly, I don't buy my clothes because its the "in" or hip thing. Nor do I go to clubs. I buy because I'm slightly muscular and I find their cut/fit fits me better than your standard cotton Haynes T.
That's understandable. One time I almost bought an Ed Hardy T-shirt from Marshalls before I even knew what Ed Hardy was. I thought it was a Motley Crue concert T-shirt at first.

But I'm similar to you in a muscular build and it does suck trying to find clothes. I think Hollister considers a "Man Build" to be a bird chest and 26" waist.

Oh yeah, on that show thing they started asking these people what they do for a living. Half are car washers, oil changers or work at Pep Boys.