Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
That's understandable.

But I'm similar to you in a muscular build and it does suck trying to find clothes. I think Hollister considers a "Man Build" to be a bird chest and 26" waist.
This!

I think it's more leading to the pussification of America. They think the "men" are smaller too.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

But I'm similar to you in a muscular build and it does suck trying to find clothes. I think Hollister considers a "Man Build" to be a bird chest and 26" waist.
IMO, the real problem with clothes these days is that it's made for fat people. The waist/stomach area of shirts is way too big. If you have a muscular or even just an athletic build, you need special tapered shirts, otherwise there's too much material tucked into your pants and it looks fucking stupid.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #23
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
IMO, the real problem with clothes these days is that it's made for fat people. The waist/stomach area of shirts is way too big. If you have a muscular or even just an athletic build, you need special tapered shirts, otherwise there's too much material tucked into your pants and it looks fucking stupid.
I think it's one end of the spectrum to the other.

If you buy clothes geared towards older people from stores where adults shop such as Walmart, Target, Kohls, etc they assume they are fat. But if the clothing is geared towards younger people such as SoCal, Hollister, A&F, Ed Hardy, etc they assume they weigh about 150lbs.

Best fitting shirts/clothes I ever had were $7 clothes from Steve and Berrys. Well the jeans weren't the greatest but for $7 you couldn't complain. Their shirts fit damn good. Too bad they closed down. Guess the Chinese kids making them went on strike or something.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #24
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

So Fedor ends up signing with Strikeforce. What a complete fucking waste. He'll never face stiff competition, continue with an unbeaten streak that will become more and more meaningless, and probably end up bankrupting Strikeforce. So fucking dumb.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
Corey
AMA Supersport

Fedor and M-1 Global wanted their Co-Promotion shit, and they got it. In doing so, they sacrificed any hope of name recognition or competition. You can make the argument that there are decent fighters in Strikeforce, but they're just decent. This doesn't seem to be anything more than going for the easy money. To be considered the best, you need to continually fight the best. Fedor was the best, but he's been fighting washed up has-beens or never-will-bes since Pride went under. StrikeForce has a heavyweight title fight coming up soon. Is it the main card being used to pull in potential fans and to be the face of the event? No. That honor falls to Carano vs Cyborg. And now he's in another small runner up production with little recognition. I'll bet, among the general populace (not MMA followers), Gina Carano has more name recognition and pull than Fedor. Maybe I'm wrong, and the world is clamoring for a Fedor/Sobral rematch, or the power card of Fedor/Overeem, but I doubt it. I think it's much more likely that StrikeForce will bankrupt themselves trying to get Fedor to live up to the hype that Affliction failed to produce. Fedor in the US MMA will continue to be a name that less and less people give a shit about because he'll never fight anyone more than the B-leaguers.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 08-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

In the heavy's not many are impressive... Carwin looks good but has never been challenged... GSP, Silva, Machida are impressive... I'm veryimpresed with Florian and am really looking forward to this weekend....

The problem with Fedor other than his feeding off of weak competition is that he's not really a heavyweight... He's a light heavyweight. Who doesn't cut weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
If you're not impressed with Fedor... who in the sport ARE you impressed with?

The guy is the fastest, most dominant heavyweight the division has ever seen. He's beaten world-class wrestlers and grapplers on the ground and stood toe to toe with champion kick-boxers.

If he doesn't retire, he will eventually lose. It is possible Lesnar could beat him, just not likely. I think Fedor's kryptonite will be a fighter smaller and faster than he is, someone who normally fights as a middleweight or light heavyweight. Fedor trimming down to fight at 205 pounds would give him much more difficult competition than what he's faced as a heavyweight.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #27
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Either Dana White is truly pissed, or a great salesman:

"Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"

White also addressed fans: "I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best, and doesn't give a sh-t about the fans!"

I would still watch Fedor vs Overeem, or Fedor vs "Grimm" Rogers.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Fedor signed with Strikeforce ? What a joke. Ok now my opinion of him has changed and I hope he gets pounded.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #29
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Anyone who says Fedor fights nobodies and has-beens really needs to take another look at his record. The number of highly ranked fighters he has defeated at the height of each of their careers is what makes Fedor number one. He has had a few oddballs mixed in, but so do most other fighters who have been in the game as long as he has.

Even his last two opponents, who everyone now refers to as UFC rejects, were top-ten heavyweights when they faced him. Arlovski was coming off a five-fight winning streak. Sylvia was 7 and 2 in his nine fights prior to fighting Fedor, and not long before was the UFC's most dominant heavyweight champion ever.

To call the heavyweights outside of the UFC cans is a joke. If anyone really believes that Barnett, Overeem, Silva, Rogers and company couldn't compete with guys like Lesnar, Carwin, Dos Santos, and Velasquez, they don't really follow the sport.

If Fedor cut like most other fighters, with his current muscle mass he could make middleweight. Where I believe he would have more trouble than he does now at heavyweight.
Tim Sylvia hasn't been an effective fighter in years. He's always had the advantage of towering over his opponents, but in recent times, even before the loss to Fedor, he was on the downside of his career. His last fight was an 8 second embarassment that had his sorry ass being knocked out by Ray Mercer despite coming in over 300 pounds.

Arlovski has been hit or miss in recent fights also, coming in with weak showings against strong opponents. He was below the curve on the way out of UFC.

Fedor's last couple fights have been a joke. It's been a decent outing from Arlovski, the embarassment that is Tim Sylvia, the circus act of Hong Man Choi, a hit or miss Matt Lindland, a useless Mark Hunt, and a fading Mark Coleman. He's had some stellar victories and was a dominant force for a long time, but that's over. Rogers is still young to the sport and may be on his way up, but his fight with Arlovski was his first taste of anything more competitive than the Elite XC failures. Overeem is inconsistent. Josh Barnett is going to be under intense scrutiny after testing positive for steroids. These aren't challenges. These are mid-level guys being used to bolster a small MMA production. Everything that has built Fedor up is years past now. It's like saying that Chuck Liddell or Royce Gracie are the best fighters in the sport today based on their past. Once upon a time, yes. Now? No. Fedor can't continue to be the default "greatest" fighter when he slums in the B-leagues.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #30
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

[QUOTE=Triple;250557]Anyone who says Fedor fights nobodies and has-beens really needs to take another look at his record. The number of highly ranked fighters he has defeated at the height of each of their careers is what makes Fedor number one. He has had a few oddballs mixed in, but so do most other fighters who have been in the game as long as he has.

Even his last two opponents, who everyone now refers to as UFC rejects, were top-ten heavyweights when they faced him. Arlovski was coming off a five-fight winning streak. Sylvia was 7 and 2 in his nine fights prior to fighting Fedor, and not long before was the UFC's most dominant heavyweight champion ever.

To call the heavyweights outside of the UFC cans is a joke. If anyone really believes that Barnett, Overeem, Silva, Rogers and company couldn't compete with guys like Lesnar, Carwin, Dos Santos, and Velasquez, they don't really follow the sport.
QUOTE]

Although I believe Fedor is the best HW out there now, I feel like I will never see it proven. Short of Overeem, Josh Barnett, and Brett Rogers, I can't think of another HW fighter I would watch outside of the UFC.

Arlovski - last 2 fights ended in KO in under 2 mins TOTAL (Fedor and Rogers)
Pig Sylvia - last 2 fights ended in KO in under 1 min TOTAL (Fedor and Mercer)
Barnett - I don't know if or when he will be granted a license to fight again
Overeem - I think has potential to be a really good HW for years
Rogers - same as Overeem

Who did I miss?
defector is offline   Reply With Quote