Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #31
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Steelers for the win.. And this is why I hate the super bowl.. the regular season all the leading up to it is awesome but all the hype, bullshit, the way the NFL and officiating manipulate the results is why I have no interest in the super bowl.. It lacks the purity of the game that makes it so good..

Last week the Packers, Bears and Jets looked sick. If I had a say in it I would say all 3 teams should close up shop and disenfranchise. They were an embarrassment. Rex Ryan, Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers should be shot. Well at least the first two - let Rodgers fail on a national level when the Steelers pound him into the ground and then shoot him.

I no doubt don't try to dispute the Steelers are a far better team than any of the other 3. I just really wanted to see something different and more importantly some good games. Well none of that is possible now. The super bowl is a joke. Seems like it has been since the late 70s.. And how the fuck can the Jets beat the Patriots (which I was glad to see) and then just give up and play like shit against the Steelers? Motherfucker please.. If I am not at the super bowl party please start without me.. I will be doing something far more interesting..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #32
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Steelers for the win.. And this is why I hate the super bowl.. the regular season all the leading up to it is awesome but all the hype, bullshit, the way the NFL and officiating manipulate the results is why I have no interest in the super bowl.. It lacks the purity of the game that makes it so good..

Last week the Packers, Bears and Jets looked sick. If I had a say in it I would say all 3 teams should close up shop and disenfranchise. They were an embarrassment. Rex Ryan, Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers should be shot. Well at least the first two - let Rodgers fail on a national level when the Steelers pound him into the ground and then shoot him.

I no doubt don't try to dispute the Steelers are a far better team than any of the other 3. I just really wanted to see something different and more importantly some good games. Well none of that is possible now. The super bowl is a joke. Seems like it has been since the late 70s.. And how the fuck can the Jets beat the Patriots (which I was glad to see) and then just give up and play like shit against the Steelers? Motherfucker please.. If I am not at the super bowl party please start without me.. I will be doing something far more interesting..
As a baseball fan first, the one and done nature of football playoffs coupled with a clock that can be manipulated by a shittier team pisses me off. The qb taking a knee to kill the clock shit needs to get axed
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #33
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
As a baseball fan first, the one and done nature of football playoffs coupled with a clock that can be manipulated by a shittier team pisses me off. The qb taking a knee to kill the clock shit needs to get axed
I'd like to see a rule that you have to make forward progress to keep the clock going, so you actually have to try somewhat.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #34
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

IDK but they need to somehow take the booth and refs out of it.

2002 - Brady incomplete pass??!?!?
2011 - Sanchez fumble??!?!?

Both WRONG calls. It's quite obvious they were manipulating the outcome.

Let's bring back the USFL or XFL or whatever. No refs, no rules, cage match football. The best man, or the one still living, at the end wins.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
IDK but they need to somehow take the booth and refs out of it.

2002 - Brady incomplete pass??!?!?
2011 - Sanchez fumble??!?!?

Both WRONG calls. It's quite obvious they were manipulating the outcome.

Let's bring back the USFL or XFL or whatever. No refs, no rules, cage match football. The best man, or the one still living, at the end wins.
Fumble for first possession was a cool idea
Old 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #36
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I'd like to see a rule that you have to make forward progress to keep the clock going, so you actually have to try somewhat.
They gotta do something man. Gaming The clock is the number one thing I hate about american football
Old 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #37
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

I don't remember that. How did that work?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I don't remember that. How did that work?
It was a similar deal to how they start basketball and hockey except with a whole hands team. Assuming I remember it correctly. According to the front page im old now lol
Old 01-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

For the XFL, the ball was placed @ the 50, and one guy from each team got like a 10 yard running start at it. Whoever recovered it, their team got the ball first. They were also allowed to have their nicknames on their jersey if they wanted.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #40
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
For the XFL, the ball was placed @ the 50, and one guy from each team got like a 10 yard running start at it. Whoever recovered it, their team got the ball first. They were also allowed to have their nicknames on their jersey if they wanted.
Ahh that's right