Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #51
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Oh I am sure I have heard how they worked in the biochemstry course I have taken, while I dont have access to the exact mechanism that causes this or the myriad of other side effects did a quick search and came up with an article here, pages 5 and 6 touch on the limited data and link it to possible issues with collagen or the fact that the muscles hypertrophy very fast and the connective tissues cannot compenste/keep up with the gains.

http://www.jssm.org/vol5/n2/2/v5n2-2pdf.pdf

Sounding a wee bit defensive now???????
Yeah..I mean if "Full of Tyesterone" didn't give it away.

The cause is not steriods, but rather the user pushing too hard in which ligaments cannot handle the applied load.

I know a few dudes that have torn pec muscles, quad muscles and biceps because of this. They were simply pushing too hard with the weight, though. And they knew it.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #52
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Oh I am sure I have heard how they worked in the biochemstry course I have taken, while I dont have access to the exact mechanism that causes this or the myriad of other side effects did a quick search and came up with an article here, pages 5 and 6 touch on the limited data and link it to possible issues with collagen or the fact that the muscles hypertrophy very fast and the connective tissues cannot compenste/keep up with the gains.

http://www.jssm.org/vol5/n2/2/v5n2-2pdf.pdf

Sounding a wee bit defensive now???????
All it said is that "it was possible" but since they have no proof nor do I know what "experts" wrote that article, I can't really say yes or no. Until there's a real scientific trial(which there wont be) I'll take my "bro-science" of allllll the people I know, read about or heard about who've done them both responsibly and irresponsibly go by that trial and error rather some "supposed experts" on the matter.

And I'm only defending what you said "IS" and that you said steroids cause those injuries. Since there's no real scientific data to back up either of our claims, I'd rather go by what HAS been done and used. Such as aforementioned drug, and my first-hand basis.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #53
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
All it said is that "it was possible" but since they have no proof nor do I know what "experts" wrote that article, I can't really say yes or no. Until there's a real scientific trial(which there wont be) I'll take my "bro-science" of allllll the people I know, read about or heard about who've done them both responsibly and irresponsibly go by that trial and error rather some "supposed experts" on the matter.

And I'm only defending what you said "IS" and that you said steroids cause those injuries. Since there's no real scientific data to back up either of our claims, I'd rather go by what HAS been done and used. Such as aforementioned drug, and my first-hand basis.
Well best of luck to ya there, I will take whats written in a respected journal over a bunch of guys in the gym.

Before PA school I was looking to get into biochemistry/sports nutrition but the market wasnt all that good at the time so at the time I had a prety good knowledge of what was what but that was also over 15 yrs ago so i am sure alot has changed and I have no real interest on what theyre using now.

I did always get a kick out of the pseudo experts I would see at the gym or at gnc who would give out all sorts of wrong information, but they figured I was just some dumb metal head and I just kept my mouth shut and went about my business.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #54
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Well best of luck to ya there, I will take whats written in a respected journal over a bunch of guys in the gym.

Before PA school I was looking to get into biochemistry/sports nutrition but the market wasnt all that good at the time so at the time I had a prety good knowledge of what was what but that was also over 15 yrs ago so i am sure alot has changed and I have no real interest on what theyre using now.

I did always get a kick out of the pseudo experts I would see at the gym or at gnc who would give out all sorts of wrong information, but they figured I was just some dumb metal head and I just kept my mouth shut and went about my business.
If you're going to someone in the gym or GNC for your steroid information, you're no better off than reading those medical documents who base all their information on how it looks on paper.

The internet is much more abundant with factual information(yes there is some out there), real trial & error that puts any medical lab rat results to shame, plus lots of user history. Like I said, there's nothing proven one way or another, but the right research on the right websites will get you better info. There is a reason professionals use this stuff, it's not just for fun. And there are real experts on the matter, but in America they can't just be all out n open with it, these are illegal drugs.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #55
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
If you're going to someone in the gym or GNC for your steroid information, you're no better off than reading those medical documents who base all their information on how it looks on paper.

The internet is much more abundant with factual information(yes there is some out there), real trial & error that puts any medical lab rat results to shame, plus lots of user history. Like I said, there's nothing proven one way or another, but the right research on the right websites will get you better info. There is a reason professionals use this stuff, it's not just for fun. And there are real experts on the matter, but in America they can't just be all out n open with it, these are illegal drugs.
Wasnt going to them for steroid info, just overhearing some of the convos and a cople of times asked the hacks at gnc about certain suppliment and it was painfully obvious they had no clue what they were talking about but made it sound like they did so I just nodded my head a few times and ran for the door.

I googled a bunch of sites just to find some quick facts and found it funny how some that were touting their use also had ads for "legal steroids" plastered all over their pages.

Sure there are articles and studies out there that are slanted one way or the other that will tout the stuff as the greatest thing or its worse than cancer, aids and ebola all wrapped in one.

I came very close to using them when I was playing football since I had plateaued in my training and for me I felt the risk/reward wasnt worth it for where I was at the time.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #56
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
There is a reason professionals use this stuff, it's not just for fun.
It is to gain a competitive edge, no matter the cost.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #57
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
It is to gain a competitive edge, no matter the cost.
I don't even buy that there's even a large cost to it if you do it right.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote