Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #41
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
as much as im not a fan-its boring-i recognize the talent and skill involved, theres alot of shit you dont see or even know about unless you're a driver, or talk to one. picking lines, the draft, slingshotting, all the technical driving stuff is never discussed on tv.
To me it is like baseball. Boring to watch unless you have actually played the game and know what is going on in each players head as the game plays out. I never got to the big leagues but did drive dirt track cars for 5-6 years and I can see and understand a whole lot of what is happening that just isnt obvious to the regular spectator crowd.

I have also road raced motorcycles and much prefer the more complex challenges of road racing, but to say the circle track drivers aren't doing something complex and difficult just isn't fair, even if it is boring for the un-initiated to watch.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #42
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
To me it is like baseball. Boring to watch unless you have actually played the game and know what is going on in each players head as the game plays out. I never got to the big leagues but did drive dirt track cars for 5-6 years and I can see and understand a whole lot of what is happening that just isnt obvious to the regular spectator crowd.

I have also road raced motorcycles and much prefer the more complex challenges of road racing, but to say the circle track drivers aren't doing something complex and difficult just isn't fair, even if it is boring for the un-initiated to watch.
exactly-lately ive added nascar in addition to drag racing, on my defend list lol
drag racing is a harder sell sometimes, they just go straight, dont even turn left lol
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #43
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
exactly-lately ive added nascar in addition to drag racing, on my defend list lol
drag racing is a harder sell sometimes, they just go straight, dont even turn left lol
I have an uncle in NHRA Div 5. He races dragsters that are a step below the Top Fuel class. I cannot believe all the work that goes into one pass. And the technology. And at those speeds it really is like a land locked missile launch. Driving skill, no, piloting skill and big balls. Yup after the initial effects of spectating the shock and awe wear off it is really boring. A great spectacle but not really satisfyiing unless your in the seat.

Arkriders.com
Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #44
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
I have an uncle in NHRA Div 5. He races dragsters that are a step below the Top Fuel class. I cannot believe all the work that goes into one pass. And the technology. And at those speeds it really is like a land locked missile launch. Driving skill, no, piloting skill and big balls. Yup after the initial effects of spectating the shock and awe wear off it is really boring. A great spectacle but not really satisfyiing unless your in the seat.
alcohol dragster im guessin? injected fuel or blown alcohol?

drag racing is honestly the only thing ill go watch on a regular basis-i understand more of the tech than the other sports. esp bike drags-love em
Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #45
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
alcohol dragster im guessin? injected fuel or blown alcohol?

drag racing is honestly the only thing ill go watch on a regular basis-i understand more of the tech than the other sports. esp bike drags-love em
Blown alchie. It is really obscene. All in the name of consistency. Weather station for atmospheric changes, computer telemetry for anything traction or ECU control, engine/drivetrain related. Hour engine rebuilds, torque converter swaps, all for a moment of pure adrenaline. Then repacking chutes and doing it again? I thought roadracing a two stroke was complicated...

Arkriders.com
Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #46
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce
as much as im not a fan-its boring-i recognize the talent and skill involved, theres alot of shit you dont see or even know about unless you're a driver, or talk to one. picking lines, the draft, slingshotting, all the technical driving stuff is never discussed on tv.
I agree with both of you 100 %.

It's definitely not my favorite type of racing but I do keep up with it somewhat since I live right in the middle of it and know several people in the business.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #47
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Blown alchie. It is really obscene. All in the name of consistency. Weather station for atmospheric changes, computer telemetry for anything traction or ECU control, engine/drivetrain related. Hour engine rebuilds, torque converter swaps, all for a moment of pure adrenaline. Then repacking chutes and doing it again? I thought roadracing a two stroke was complicated...
and its so fuckin worth it! i havent been insanely fast yet (speed cost money lol) but its a great feeling...10x better when the win light is on in your lane
Old 12-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #48
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I have tried it in street cars and had fun. Just not enough to make me wanna switch from roadracing.

My favorite part is after the last shift and your still door to door, pushing the accelerator with every muscle in your leg...Right then you would spend any amount of money for just a little more top end. Probably very addicting...

Most of my enjoyment comes from outbraking the car and getting sideways while trying to hit the return road though! Too much dirt track oval racing in my background

Arkriders.com
Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #49
Dnyce
flyin high

ever run your bike?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #50
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Nope. All my race bikes have been middleweights and I didn't think they would thrill me in a straight line. I think I would do well though as my race starts usually net me a couple rows before turn one! Alot of guys just can't launch a bike for some reason and some of them seasoned racers??

Arkriders.com