Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750
Question Bike shippers?

Anyone have any experience with cross-country bike shippers? Like haulbikes.com? Looks like they would charge $400-600 depending on distance. Is there anything better?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The Canadian dude that bought my CBARRR did something like this. Some weird dude from Miami in a old beater van showed up at my house and took the bike. I guess it made it to Canada fine because I never heard from the Canadian dude again. I couldn't of done that. If it's not within my travel bubble, I wouldn't buy it. Fly and ride or rent a car one way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Just put a Fedex box around it and drop it off at a FedEx location.

You can thank me later.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

I have used Forward Air multiple times in the past.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

For cheapest/best service use USHIP.com... you spec out dates and prices, enclosed or open ship, ect.... take bids and check feedback. I've used 4 times, never had a problem...even shipped a Bimota that way, coast to coast for 375 bucks.............
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
For cheapest/best service use USHIP.com... you spec out dates and prices, enclosed or open ship, ect.... take bids and check feedback. I've used 4 times, never had a problem...even shipped a Bimota that way, coast to coast for 375 bucks.............
I'd take this guy's advice.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The Canadian dude that bought my CBARRR did something like this. Some weird dude from Miami in a old beater van showed up at my house and took the bike. I guess it made it to Canada fine because I never heard from the Canadian dude again. I couldn't of done that. If it's not within my travel bubble, I wouldn't buy it. Fly and ride or rent a car one way.
Sounds like a u-ship type of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
I have used u-ship once, for a parts bike. Everything worked out fine but I didn't have to worry about scratches or dings. That's a ballsy move for a Bimota.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Sounds like a u-ship type of deal.

I have used u-ship once, for a parts bike. Everything worked out fine but I didn't have to worry about scratches or dings. That's a ballsy move for a Bimota.
You gotta look at the bidders...some use open trailers (NOT) some use enclosed trailers, some enclosed trucks.... some blanket wrap for fee, some use enclosed trucks....somebody bids, you gotta tell em what your looking for as far as care and price.....Forward Air is a bidding member, (they've bid on every bike I've posted, but they are usually the highest)...but their feedback is no better than any of the other good guys.....so it just depends on what you want....
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Hmm, interesting..........But are the bidders actually major companies whose feedback you could check up on? It is one thing for a one-man operation to claim they're going to treat the bike well, and another thing to actually do it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #10
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/ is who shipped my Husky. The dealer set it all up for me.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote