Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default Buell 1125CR

Went to the dealer yesterday, and the CR isn't as bad as the pics show. Looks almost identical to the 1125R except for the handlebar and dopey headlight. The headlight moves with the bars- unfortunately, that's the wrong way in a turn. The fairing on the R hides the size of the rad scoops- they're actually the same size or very close. Same instrument cluster, same engine- not detuned at all. Didn't get a chance to sit on it, since it was under a shelf and I had to climb over piles of chrome to see it, but the bars look to put the rider in the same position as the clipons. So it's not just another dumbed down naked. Can't say about the mirrors usefulness, but I'm sure there as horrible as any other bar mount I've seen.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The front end on the regular one is fucking huge and it's good to see they got smart about it. But now the little one makes the intakes look gigantic.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Those massive intakes just ruin the bike for me. If there were a way to remove or replace those with something more aesthetically balanced, I think I would love that bike. But with those monster goofy intakes, I just can't get into the bike. The proportions are just wrong to me, much like the 1125R.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

if you didnt even sit on it, much less ride it how is it a review? how would YOU know if the power was dumbed down or not? this space is for things you've actually used not conjecture about them
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
if you didnt even sit on it, much less ride it how is it a review? how would YOU know if the power was dumbed down or not? this space is for things you've actually used not conjecture about them
Yes, I've sat on it, and the air intakes are still distracting, even from the drivers seat. I'm not bashing the brand, I happen to find the designs of the current Buells to be very strong, and the handling on the XB's to be excellent from the few test rides I've been able to take. I'm just pointing out a piece of the puzzle that stands out. Is the aesthetics of a bike not part of a review, especially when it comes time to purchase?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis

Last edited by Corey; 11-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Edited to clarify, sat on a 1125R, not CR
Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Surprised you didn't tell us how your 650 was superior in every way to the CR.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Surprised you didn't tell us how your 650 was superior in every way to the CR.
Well, there's the way it... hey, wait a minute. I never owned a 650. I'm confused now.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Yes, I've sat on it, and the air intakes are still distracting, even from the drivers seat. I'm not bashing the brand, I happen to find the designs of the current Buells to be very strong, and the handling on the XB's to be excellent from the few test rides I've been able to take. I'm just pointing out a piece of the puzzle that stands out. Is the aesthetics of a bike not part of a review, especially when it comes time to purchase?
i was talking to the op, not you. now go sit in the corner and think about what you have done
TWF Post whore #6
Old 11-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I got the brochure too Same HP/torque numbers. And anyway- I didn't really say it was a review. The mods have enough to do with all the noobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Well, there's the way it... hey, wait a minute. I never owned a 650. I'm confused now.
Don't worry, so's he- he rides a Harley engine

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 11-09-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

eh its in the reviews section so i lept to conclusions
TWF Post whore #6