Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
All black please.
you hook me up with the extra cash... and I'll even strap a dead hooker to the rear for ya
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
you hook me up with the extra cash... and I'll even strap a dead hooker to the rear for ya
I already have the hooker... now I just need the cash.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
I already have the hooker... now I just need the cash.

Put the hooker to work and the cash will come.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post

Put the hooker to work and the cash will come.
What's a dead hooker get these days anyway?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #25
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
What's a dead hooker get these days anyway?

Don't know. Depends on how close are you to the State Penn.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Don't know. Depends on how close are you to the State Penn.
I need cash, not Marlboros...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i was kinda surprised to see on in fast bikes this month, this is what they had to say:

words by: alistair fagan

lets be honest, the 1125r is never going to cut it as a hardcore sportsbike. the rotax powered yank-mobile has some sweet manners, mainly the lump and the chassis itself, but is let down by suspension and the rim mounted disc. will binning the fairings, sticking on some mx bars and putting a c before the r produce the vinegar stroke? the cr is eric buell's vision of a contemporary cafe racer. it certainly gives our vision a better time, even though the big elephant ears for induction pods still boss the front end, along with the b-king style headlight. looks slightly badass, though. the cr comes with ace bars for that cafe racer attitude, similar to those found on an FS1E,but mx-style bars are available as an aftermarket option. they really should roll off the production line with the flat bars. buell claim rivals like the super duke and tuono - a bold statement - so it should be dubbed as a naked sportsbike. the clubman-style bars make it too similar to the 1125r and give a riding position similar to taht of taking a dump and holding a snooker pool cue out with your arms stretched. the mx bars lend a whole different attitude to the cr, giving it more leverage, better ergonomics and generally better control. the cr retains the grunty rotax lump, but with shorter gearing to liven things up. we were flat out on the autobahn and the clocks read 155 mph, so its aint too short. the fuelling has also had some tinkering, and the result is a smoother delivery, and no more glitches. the throttle responce from closed is still shady though. handling is enhanced through the flat bars, due to the balance and different weight transfer they offer. suspension is still very harsh on the road. but it laps up the smoother stuff. the chassis itself is correct, and it steers beautifully, especially with the extra leverage. but standard steup lacks bump management although mechanical grip is decent when settled. it's midcorner where the 1125cr lacks talent, especially in the tighter stuff. at decent pace, holding a line is tricky and there isint enough weight on the front to induce confidence. ground clearance is poor too. corner entry has improved though, thanks to the option of a race spec brake pad. there's less lever travel, more braking power and no brake judder from pad residue left on the disc. the 1125cr will get annihilated by a super duke, but its going to be an interesting 2009 naked twins test with the addition of the new buell. its cheap compared to its rivals, wicked fun, stunts like a trooper and, although flawed in some aspects, it's a new viable option to a european v-twin, once you get over the unique looks and other buell idiosyncrasies.

verdict:

+ engine, fuelling, chassis, brakes
- ground clearance, throttle response
7/10

track 4, fast road 3, hooligan 4, new rider 3, desirability 2
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #28
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

The 1125CR may not set the world on fire, but it's definitely a positive step forward. I just test rode one at the Cycle World motorcycle show in Long Beach. The demo ride was pathetic because it was conducted at grandma's pace. If this is Buell's idea of wowing the public, then it's a big FAIL!!! I barely got out of 2nd gear and went to 3rd just to see how the engine performs at very low RPM.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Brakes = suck! Sorry, but you can take your ZTL and shove it up where the sun don't shine. For god's sake, put a decent set of brakes on it already, Erik!!! Not enough feel and not too great for modulation. And the slack before the engagement is annoying as hell.

2. Lovely engine. Rough and very characterful, makes all sorts of mechanical ticking which I like but the Brit mags don't. Very torque and pulls cleanly. More oomph than the Aprilia liter V-twin for sure but then it does have a bigger engine. Revs quickly. Quicker than the tach needle shows, that's for sure.

3. OK chassis and suspension, I suppose, since that we barely even got over 60-MPH.

4. Red paint job is

5. Need MX handlebar for proper hooliganism instead of that crouched over Clubman handlebar.

6. Heat was not an issue at all even though the frame was warm.

7. How the heck do you get in and change the preload on that rear shock?

8. Pretty comfortable rearset position. No complains there.

9. Seems to be better made than the XB series.

In conclusion, assuming that reliability is decent, I'd recommend a buy.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Those bikes are bad ass. Might be my next rig.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #30
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Rear shock preload is changed by removing the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote