Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #81
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
hey hey now those numbers are completely accurate. They just dont take into account my weight or the efficiency of the vtec powerband
I started to reply to your last post "Well you have one of those "magic Honda's" but thought...naaa...he might get upset and start the slinging.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #82
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
I drive a 2000 Nissan Maxima. the video has an 02 Maxima but they are the same car. Now its got a 3.0 V6 motor in it and it can smoke this Mustang. True the Stang got a bad start but the Maxima is already leading by more than a car length. Now personally I have raced several cars on the interstate starting from a 20 and 30 roll as in Mustangs, Corvettes, VR6 Turbo Jetta,Cadillac CTS and a Turbo SRT4. Guess what my Maxima pulled them all. Im not impressed with any sports car if it can be beat by my full size sedan. Now the Quarter time of the 5.0 may be better than my Maxima but from a roll it would be a much closer race. and just think of the engine in that Maxima being in a smaller car. what then. I would take off 2 secs easy if the car weighed a grand less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1THL-QcVo
First off, roll racing is for fags.
Take it to the drag strip. I bet you would have a hard time getting a 14.9

The only way your car would beat any of those cars, is if you have an auto trans that kicks down, and they stay in O/D.(BTW, CTSs are balls slow, unless they are a V model)

It kind of reminds me of all the guys on 600s who think they can keep up to the bus, but I rarely go over 6000rpm on the street.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #83
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I started to reply to your last post "Well you have one of those "magic Honda's" but thought...naaa...he might get upset and start the slinging.
no slinging needed. No magic either. Its just two cam profiles on a single cam. Nothing more nothing less. I never understood why so few people truly understood what the system was and how it works.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #84
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
no slinging needed. No magic either. Its just two cam profiles on a single cam. Nothing more nothing less. I never understood why so few people truly understood what the system was and how it works.
It was *sarcasm*...being that the NSX is different from any other Honda/Acura on the street. I was always surprised that there were so many people that didn't even know what an NSX was and then were surprised when they found out it's from Honda/Acura. That's why I started not to post the *magic* comment...as well as not wanting to start any crap since it was just a BS post anyways.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #85
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It was *sarcasm*...being that the NSX is different from any other Honda/Acura on the street. I was always surprised that there were so many people that didn't even know what an NSX was and then were surprised when they found out it's from Honda/Acura. That's why I started not to post the *magic* comment...as well as not wanting to start any crap since it was just a BS post anyways.
lol gotcha. Yeah ive heard camaro and corvette before. Think it was the black roof. Also heard a guy ask why i didnt buy a viper, countered that by asking if he knew anyone who could put up with one on a day to day basis
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #86
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
lol gotcha. Yeah ive heard camaro and corvette before. Think it was the black roof. Also heard a guy ask why i didnt buy a viper, countered that by asking if he knew anyone who could put up with one on a day to day basis
I remember way back in the 80's I was into Honda CRX's and ended up owning 4 of them. A friend from West Virginia had some relatives down for a NASCAR race that all worked in coal mines. I came driving up in my CRX that was lowered...aftermarket wheels...and dark tinted windows. One of them happened to look out of the window about the time I rolled up and yelled downstairs "What the he11 is that in the driveway...looks like somebody cut the front off of a GD missile" !!

When the guy found out it was a Honda...I might as well have been a communist. He owned a Monte Carlo...yep been in the coal mine awhile have we ?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #87
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

lmao. When i was big into turbo daytonas they used to get it confused and try to say it was a mitsubishi. Id always pop the hood and tell em id give them 50 bucks if they could find the three diamonds anywhere on it
Old 04-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #88
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

And then you'd get the "why didn't you buy a real car (Mustang/Camaro) instead of that 4-cylinder shit"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote