Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #91
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Cool, I didn't want to appear too harsh, just honest. Hopefully, our boy avoids what I like to call, "the one financial pitfall Dave Ramsey doesn't address", ie having kids! I don't really know if people truly understand just how expensive the little rugrats are or how much better their lives would be financially if they didn't have them. Seriously, two are not as cheap to take care of as one, etc. If people planned having kids out even on tenth as much as D.R. wants them to plan to buy a house or a car.... Heck, the commitment with raising a child is much longer than buying a car and even longer than Dave wants you to commit to buying a house (15 years vs 18).
Yeah, I definitely hope he avoids that pitfall. Kids are definitely expensive, but I think the courts are way off base on their calculations of cost and support. It's ridiculous that they base the cost of the child from the income of the two parties. It doesn't cost any more to raise a kid if the parents make 100k or 30k. While people may choose to spend more on shit for their kids when they make more money, the actual cost of raising the child doesn't change. If I were married to my daughter's mom, I wouldn't allow spending anywhere near the amount on my daughter that the courts dictate. It's absolutely assanine.

[/hijack]
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #92
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Yeah, I definitely hope he avoids that pitfall. Kids are definitely expensive, but I think the courts are way off base on their calculations of cost and support. It's ridiculous that they base the cost of the child from the income of the two parties. It doesn't cost any more to raise a kid if the parents make 100k or 30k. While people may choose to spend more on shit for their kids when they make more money, the actual cost of raising the child doesn't change. If I were married to my daughter's mom, I wouldn't allow spending anywhere near the amount on my daughter that the courts dictate. It's absolutely assanine.

[/hijack]
^^^ like anyone cares what's going on in this thread... We've been debating a car purchase that may or may not happen in 5-7 months involving a kid that is starting a particular job that he may or may not even have by that time.

I agree to an extent with the proviso that not all "sperm donors" can afford some amounts... IE a guy that makes minimum wage can't afford $100/week. I do believe that it should be a percentage of pay but up to a reasonable cap. I mean Tiger Woods kids get more in support than most of us put together make working, that's ridiculous.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #93
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Shitty throttle body ........mkay, so you mean it either leaks, or sticks, or........??

Because otherwise it's not that complex of a part......

If anything, the duratec is simpy loud & obnoxious.......but that's due to valvetrain noise..

Ford junk....

Ford & Chrysler should just buy all their engines & trannies from GM, seriously..
Seriously, some of those electronic throttle bodies can cost up to 2k. Parts in cars today are not cheap.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #94
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Since when is an insurance agent going to take clients out to lunch or anything. Maybe in 3-4 years after you've gotten to know the person. But that's pushing it. And certainly not your client's entire family....
Agree 100%. Unless your selling to a company, they will probably never see your car.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #95
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Agree 100%. Unless your selling to a company, they will probably never see your car.
I'm going to be doing a fair bit of commercial ins.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote