Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 06-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #31
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

LOL! Thats what happens when guys up the cc to soon. You get corner parking HP/acceleration addicts.

I hounded a CBR 954 at a CMRA Endurance Round at TWS once. He would rocket by on the long front strecth, I would reel him coming off the banking under brakes, then pass him in the road course section of the infield. Different places but he was obviously getting worn out when it should have been the other way around.

He finally had to pit to refuel that thirsty beast and I got to laugh...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #32
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
But I thought you were always one of the, "No one needs a liter class bike on the street types"... Look if all of you 600 guys go out and buy 1000s, who the heck am I going to argue with? Come on say it with me, "Only douches and guys with small penises buy liter bikes"...
I know it, man. And I still stick to that. But unlike most, sooner or later, I will use more of it than most of the 1000 riders on the streets, because of my track experience. I'm addicted to speed, and the '05 1000RR I rode was fast as shit! Looking for a 1000RR or a R1.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
How come is it we always end up talking penis size, i mean, displacement? Most of the riding I do could be done well by a Ninja 500. Like Cutty my ZX6R has toured with, carved with, and embarrassed literbikes either out of their element or poorly ridden. I remember my SV650 hounding GSXR 1Ks and 750s at the track only to be gobbled up mercilessy by 125 strokers. Even my 636 was no match for a well ridden and set up TZ.

There is no perfect displacement, only the right tool for the job. As for the Ape V the Beemer, its obviously fire and Ice, Midnight blue and cherry red.

Question is how do you like to ride?

if passionate, focused seduction is your bag get the Aprilia.

if cold digital precision and efficient velocity is your thing get the BMW...
and why does it always go into a "it's not the size of the wand but the magic in it?" It's always stories about passing someone on a bigger bike with a smaller bike... Okay you are fast and you passed another rider on a larger bike, sweet. But isn't it true that you would have left him for dead on a bigger bike? Trip passed a guy on a Gixxer riding a Rebel, okay but what if he were on his 600 or even a CBR1000? Would it have been HARDER to make these passes? You are better riders than the guys you passed, true, but is it the bike's fault?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
and why does it always go into a "it's not the size of the wand but the magic in it?" It's always stories about passing someone on a bigger bike with a smaller bike... Okay you are fast and you passed another rider on a larger bike, sweet. But isn't it true that you would have left him for dead on a bigger bike? Trip passed a guy on a Gixxer riding a Rebel, okay but what if he were on his 600 or even a CBR1000? Would it have been HARDER to make these passes? You are better riders than the guys you passed, true, but is it the bike's fault?
No it isn't the bikes fault, it's just more satisfying. If I pass someone on a 600, it's not a big deal. So what, I have done it millions of times. Passing a liter bike on a crappy rebel is the stuff of legend.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #35
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

My old liter bike has less HP than any of the new 600's. It has a steel frame, twin shocks, forks the thickness of a broom stick, skinny bias-ply tires, an air-cooled engine, two-valves per cylinder, an ignition curve done by springs and weights, and small carburetors.

But my liter bike has something in abundance that is never mentioned when comparing 600's and 1000's. Torque, and tons of it. My torque peak is at 6,500. That's usable all day long for the streets and backroads where I ride.

And I also rode the S1000RR. The brakes were awesome, and it was ungodly quick and fast, but my old Suzuki is way easier to toss around corners. If I had a rich uncle who gave me an RR, I would modify the handlebars to make them much higher, wider and further back. Then watch out.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #36
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Good stuff marko, wish I could have made it out there for some fun. I missed out on the bmw when zoomie was out here, but I wanted ot ride the sport tourers.

Are the ergos that bad on the priller? I couldnt believe how small it looks when I finally saw one. I sat on a bmw at the bike show and it didnt feel too comfortable to me. Both bikes have more than most of us mere mrotals can use anyway.

Oh and the issue with liter bikes in the corners, we deal with it at the track too. guys hammer it on the straights then park it in the corners. At least if theyre consistent I can keep repassing them by turn 2 or 3 LOL.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Good stuff marko, wish I could have made it out there for some fun. I missed out on the bmw when zoomie was out here, but I wanted ot ride the sport tourers.

Are the ergos that bad on the priller? I couldnt believe how small it looks when I finally saw one. I sat on a bmw at the bike show and it didnt feel too comfortable to me. Both bikes have more than most of us mere mrotals can use anyway.

Oh and the issue with liter bikes in the corners, we deal with it at the track too. guys hammer it on the straights then park it in the corners. At least if theyre consistent I can keep repassing them by turn 2 or 3 LOL.
The Ape was extremely uncomfortable to me. Compound that with the vibes and it was all but unbearable...for me. I dont know that the BMW was down right comfortable, but after getting off of the RSV it felt like a touring bike.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #38
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The Ape was extremely uncomfortable to me. Compound that with the vibes and it was all but unbearable...for me. I dont know that the BMW was down right comfortable, but after getting off of the RSV it felt like a touring bike.
thats what I was figuring if youre uncomfortable it would be worse fo rme since I am taller than you. I had a similar exp when I test rode a 999. handled like a dream but after 20 min I wanted off in the worst way.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #39
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
My old liter bike has less HP than any of the new 600's. It has a steel frame, twin shocks, forks the thickness of a broom stick, skinny bias-ply tires, an air-cooled engine, two-valves per cylinder, an ignition curve done by springs and weights, and small carburetors.

But my liter bike has something in abundance that is never mentioned when comparing 600's and 1000's. Torque, and tons of it. My torque peak is at 6,500. That's usable all day long for the streets and backroads where I ride.

And I also rode the S1000RR. The brakes were awesome, and it was ungodly quick and fast, but my old Suzuki is way easier to toss around corners. If I had a rich uncle who gave me an RR, I would modify the handlebars to make them much higher, wider and further back. Then watch out.
But your liter bike is old as shit. Most of us here are younger than you. Those old, heavy bikes don't appeal to us. Neither do the "performance" specs.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #40
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I just know I would buy the one I thought could kill me quicker. Taming the beast is what makes riding fun to me regardless off what displacement...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote