Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 03-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

its a certian jena se qua.

mostly your approach, and mentality.

i think one of the reason it got me goin was its pretty much exactly how i start a project.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post

i think one of the reason it got me goin was its pretty much exactly how i start a project.
Yeah, I spent about a grand yesterday online ordering parts... So I figured today would be a good time to rip the motherfucker apart and wait for parts to start coming in... Of course, before I get too crazy, I got to paint... I fucking hate painting, but it needs to be done...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

'git er done'

keep us posted.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Nice bro... you gonna have the sub frame painted or powder coated too?

oh and for the grips and those frame pucks... you might try using a heat gun... or in a pinch a hair dryer...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Mule
Snidely Whiplash

Moto: 05 xb9sx

was a part of that 1k you spent on parts including some new mirrors, because you need to get rid of those stock lollipops...

and now, wtf you gonna ride when i'm up there this weekend? (march 21-23)

oh yeah, next time don't wrestle so much with the grips, just take a utility knife and cut em off, then use "Goo-B-Gone" to remove the excess glue....

and of course, order yourself some Traction grips, the ergonomic design provides less stress on your hands and wrists
Old 03-17-2008, 07:04 AM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Nice bro... you gonna have the sub frame painted or powder coated too?

oh and for the grips and those frame pucks... you might try using a heat gun... or in a pinch a hair dryer...
Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a heat gun... It's one of those things that I wish I had too many times not to just fucking get one...

I am planning on painting the subframe as well... It's rashed up from my crash, so it'll be the color of the frame too. Sometime this week I'll be removing the levers and foot controls, then the subframe is gonna go... I'm really not looking forward to it though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
was a part of that 1k you spent on parts including some new mirrors, because you need to get rid of those stock lollipops...

and now, wtf you gonna ride when i'm up there this weekend? (march 21-23)

oh yeah, next time don't wrestle so much with the grips, just take a utility knife and cut em off, then use "Goo-B-Gone" to remove the excess glue....

and of course, order yourself some Traction grips, the ergonomic design provides less stress on your hands and wrists
Well, I only have one mirror right now... the other one is somewhere in the woods in Hocking Hills... I have no plans yet for replacements, but it's going to be done... I'll figure something out when I get my handguards on...

The last time I used a utility knife to cut off some grips I damn near cut my hand off... I'm too retarded to be trusted with sharp objects...

I ordered some ProGrips... we'll see how those do, but since they're only like $10 I won't be heartbroken if I don't like 'em...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 AM   #7
Mule
Snidely Whiplash

Moto: 05 xb9sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a heat gun... It's one of those things that I wish I had too many times not to just fucking get one...

I am planning on painting the subframe as well... It's rashed up from my crash, so it'll be the color of the frame too. Sometime this week I'll be removing the levers and foot controls, then the subframe is gonna go... I'm really not looking forward to it though...

Well, I only have one mirror right now... the other one is somewhere in the woods in Hocking Hills... I have no plans yet for replacements, but it's going to be done... I'll figure something out when I get my handguards on...

The last time I used a utility knife to cut off some grips I damn near cut my hand off... I'm too retarded to be trusted with sharp objects...

I ordered some ProGrips... we'll see how those do, but since they're only like $10 I won't be heartbroken if I don't like 'em...
i got a pair of progrips for my honda, they came out of the package being really tacky and nasty....ended up putting a spare pair of traction grips on it as well
Old 03-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post

I agree on the approach and mentality tip. But in the end. It's still a peice of shit Buell. With 100 year old water in the bars.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I agree on the approach and mentality tip. But in the end. It's still a peice of shit Buell. With 100 year old water in the bars.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #10
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
:aid:
I love you too, buddy. Eat dicks. Seriously, I wanna see what it'll look like when it's done.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote