Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Our players would be allowed out. We would just drastically restrict training at our facilities. Pretty much like a ussr approach.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
As I read Trip's post he wasn't talking about banning international competition, just international training and competing in other county's leagues. If you mean World Cup soccer, not being able to have our players play in Europe would definitely hurt our national team, but we could still field a team. Our men's team hasn't won shit in over 100 years and our women's team only accounts for one medal per olympics anyway.

Our downhill skiers would still be able to compete in world cup skiing. There is a World Cup for rugby but I doubt we will be in medal contention when rugby sevens comes to the 2016 games. Beyond that I don't know of any other world cups.
UMMMM...

World cup of hockey, world cup of skiing, world cup of speed skating, and pretty much every other sport in the world dude. . Almost every sport has a world cup, and if you close off your boarders to other athletes training in your country, you exclude yourself from the world cup.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #23
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
UMMMM...

World cup of hockey, world cup of skiing, world cup of speed skating, and pretty much every other sport in the world dude. . Almost every sport has a world cup, and if you close off your boarders to other athletes training in your country, you exclude yourself from the world cup.
I knew about skiing but didn't know about eligibility requirements. Hockey I didn't know about, but considering it has only happened twice in the last 16 years I suspect there are a lot of people who don't know about it and I doubt missing out would cause a tremendous drop in skill. Skating and the rest I don't know about and if we would be excluded I would imagine that would hurt.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I knew about skiing but didn't know about eligibility requirements. Hockey I didn't know about, but considering it has only happened twice in the last 16 years I suspect there are a lot of people who don't know about it and I doubt missing out would cause a tremendous drop in skill. Skating and the rest I don't know about and if we would be excluded I would imagine that would hurt.
Ya, the world cup has a lot of rules on what your country must do to be elligible.

The reason we notice it more here, is because really, who wants to go train in Korea and all these other holes? Nice places to visit, not somewhere you'd wanna go to school.

Oh, and most world cups arent on a 4 year schedule like soccer and rugby.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote