Old 06-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #51
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

what was your total expense?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:43 AM   #52
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I want to do a UP trip myself. I'm itching to see the Mackinac Bridge and ride over it!

Quote:
We should try to do that for a rally one year. Get a big group of TWFixers to do the UP.
We should do it. We could end up at Copper Harbor which is the tip top of the UP more on the west side.

There is tons of stuff up there to do, but the roads are all super straight. That might bore you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
I did it on the DRZ and fuck was it scary... they blocked off all but the grated portion... and had big box trucks in the paved portion... which held the wind back...then when you passed them, you'd get a blast that would send me literally sliding sideways on the grate... and of course I had to be in front of some ass that kept riding my ass across the bridge, had I gone down, he would have probably been over me before he realized it.

but the area up there is GORGEOUS! like Trip said, a rally up there would ROCK.. but I think it should be a traveling rally... like a rally to circle the great lakes... like a week long...
The bridge isn't that bad. I rode over it three times last summer alone. But I'm sure lots of that depends on the bike. I like the traveling idea, it's really the only way to do it. We can make it from my house to the UP in a day. If we go to the west side and travel up the lake michigan, through the tunnel of trees and on ward... that is a long ass day to make mackinaw. Then it's the debate on going to the island or not. That alone can be a day. Then there is the falls, light houses, and miners castle. I've never done but always wanted to do miners castle in a canoe or kyack. Then we could hit up copper harbor. The UP is really Michigan's gem. After copper harbor, loop back around and head back south down the east side of the state. That would get everybody to see each of the Great Lakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
no, but I seriously doubt all that many people would be down for it. shit, I don't even have a running bike at the moment. but maybe if not a circle of the lakes, maybe a run from the dragon to the bridge and back... but I think that'd be boring as I've done it... and the best part of MI is in the UP
But that is all highway you're talking. You didn't run down lake michigan. I just did last year and it was awesome!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #53
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Wow. I really wasn't going to read through this whole thread. But I'm glad I did. Amazing. There are really some amazing sights in this country. Good work.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #54
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
We should do it. We could end up at Copper Harbor which is the tip top of the UP more on the west side.

There is tons of stuff up there to do, but the roads are all super straight. That might bore you all.

The bridge isn't that bad. I rode over it three times last summer alone. But I'm sure lots of that depends on the bike. I like the traveling idea, it's really the only way to do it. We can make it from my house to the UP in a day. If we go to the west side and travel up the lake michigan, through the tunnel of trees and on ward... that is a long ass day to make mackinaw. Then it's the debate on going to the island or not. That alone can be a day. Then there is the falls, light houses, and miners castle. I've never done but always wanted to do miners castle in a canoe or kyack. Then we could hit up copper harbor. The UP is really Michigan's gem. After copper harbor, loop back around and head back south down the east side of the state. That would get everybody to see each of the Great Lakes.

But that is all highway you're talking. You didn't run down lake michigan. I just did last year and it was awesome!
yeah, I did slab from the Mac to Trips... so I can't honestly say the UP is better, and my intended route was down the coast, but time caught me up.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Wow. I really wasn't going to read through this whole thread. But I'm glad I did. Amazing. There are really some amazing sights in this country. Good work.
thanks, it was a crazy fun awesome trip. Hope to do something similar back out west one day and use what I learned from this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #56
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
thanks, it was a crazy fun awesome trip. Hope to do something similar back out west one day and use what I learned from this one.
I recommend once a year.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I need to see more of our country. I will probably never travel outside this country for a number of reasons...but I do want to see more of the US of A. But most likely not on a motorcycle.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #58
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I recommend once a year.
I wish, if kids come I may be lucky to do once every 10, lol
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #59
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I need to see more of our country. I will probably never travel outside this country for a number of reasons...but I do want to see more of the US of A. But most likely not on a motorcycle.
It's definitely hard to get use to and a lot more stressful. So many more factors to worry about.
Quote:
Old 06-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #60
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
I wish, if kids come I may be lucky to do once every 10, lol
Even that is a stretch. Believe me.

It's totally worth it, just a different kind of adventure.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote