Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yup. Things are pretty much in flux, up here, since a Supreme Court decision that if your cell phone isn't locked, police have the ability to check through it. The question is if they are able to do the same with other electronic devices. Police are already permitted to take something like a camera into custody, in order to preserve possible evidence, but aren't permitted to view it until they obtain a warrant.
This bitch rearended me last year and I looked up to see her txting in my mirror plane as day. I told the cop and he said he can't check her phone based on witness alone. He has to have it subpoena'd and get a warrant. And by that time she could have erased it. Then he' d have to subpoena her records which would take several months so no ticket was issued to the twat-waffle. I shoulda fell out and called Saul for some serious jack!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

I think it's going to get harder and harder for peeps who like to video themselves. soon cops will hold the riders till they can get a judge to order a search warrant of the camera, and incriminate themselves.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
This bitch rearended me last year and I looked up to see her txting in my mirror plane as day. I told the cop and he said he can't check her phone based on witness alone. He has to have it subpoena'd and get a warrant. And by that time she could have erased it. Then he' d have to subpoena her records which would take several months so no ticket was issued to the twat-waffle. I shoulda fell out and called Saul for some serious jack!
I was under the impression that they could request LUDs with a simple court order, rather than a warrant, as they don't contain any details of the actual call other than time, numbers, and length of call. Probably more work than a traffic officer would want to do, for a simple collision, though it's pretty much just making a call himself.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
I shoulda fell out and called Saul for some serious jack!
Better call Saul! (Just recently getting caught up with Breaking Bad ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BetterCallSaul-Banner-New-560.jpg (55.0 KB, 18 views)

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Better call Saul! (Just recently getting caught up with Breaking Bad ).
I never saw ONE episode until 2 weeks prior to the finale

I heard the hype, and grew tired of the references, but having never seen it from the beginning I didn't want to come in mid-story. But my daughter started to watch the first episode on netflix one saturday morning when it was raining and begged me to watch it with her, I sat thru the first 1/2 hour. The next thing you know it's sunday night and we're starting season 4

By that time I saw there was a marathon on so I DVR'd the rest.

We spent the weekend of the finale catching up, and barely got done before the finale.

SO glad we did it that way! I'm not sure I would have had the patience to wait a whole week at a time for new episodes all along. Now we can't wait for Better call Saul!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
I never saw ONE episode until 2 weeks prior to the finale

I heard the hype, and grew tired of the references, but having never seen it from the beginning I didn't want to come in mid-story. But my daughter started to watch the first episode on netflix one saturday morning when it was raining and begged me to watch it with her, I sat thru the first 1/2 hour. The next thing you know it's sunday night and we're starting season 4

By that time I saw there was a marathon on so I DVR'd the rest.

We spent the weekend of the finale catching up, and barely got done before the finale.

SO glad we did it that way! I'm not sure I would have had the patience to wait a whole week at a time for new episodes all along. Now we can't wait for Better call Saul!
We're doing it the same way. Just finished season 4, got a busy weekend ahead of us, so maybe we'll be able to finish season 5 next week.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote