Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Tiffany Coates

Yesterday I rode in to Austin to watch a presentation. I don't normally go to hear about someone's travels. But, this was a special someone.

15 years ago, Tiffany Coates wanted to go backpack with her best friend through India. They decided it would be a better trip if they went on a motorcycle. They had a few problems; no bike, no license, no experience (other than Tiffany once dated a guy with a bike). But, they decided to do it anyway.

Took the four day class and passed with licenses. Bought a bike. Rode the bike around for four weeks all the while learning about the bike (change tires, oil changes, minor maintenence). Then, OFF across Europe with the hope to end in India.

Not only did they make it to India, when they got to the coast rather than ship it back to the UK they took it to Australia. When they got across Australia, Tiffany decided to ship it to South Africa and ride it up the continent and home.

Fifteen years later, the bike now has 193,000 miles on it. She's been literally from one end of the planet to the other. Her presentation is spectacular as she goes through many of the things you're not "supposed" to do... they learned as they went.

Best six hour lunch ever.

http://www.tiffanystravels.co.uk/

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Bookmarked! Awesome read!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote