Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I agree tig... but when someone ASKS you what they should start on... and you say a 250 or 500 then they say... "aww... but I was leaning towards the 1000" it gets fuck'n annoying... or the "well I'm mature for my age" or "I know myself... I'll get tired of it'' to me those are completely BS and retarded answers... and it's hard for me not to say so.

in reality no... I have no say in what he/she spends their money on... but if you don't want my advice don't ask. if you just want someone to support your preconceived choice... stand in front of a fuck'n mirror and ask away!

in the end... that's the only one who really cares anyhow.
Oh I agree with that...if someone asks...I'm just wondering....who the fuck asked? I mean did you actually read that long ass,sanctimonious,egomaniacal,load of shit? BTW I guarantee that YOU do not meet his criteria for buying that super sport that you want buddy. In fact,according to him you were an IDIOT for buying the bike you did get!!! How does that feel? Were you a fucking idiot for buying your ZZR for a first bike? What were YOUR "RETARDED" answers and "BS" excuses?

What really kills me is WHO cleared these guys to buy the super sport bikes they ride on now? Who gets to decide when someone IS ready for a SS bike? What are the requirements? Who gets to set the standards? This guy?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #22
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

hey brutha, opinions are like assholes, everybody has 1 and they all stink.

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh I agree with that...if someone asks...I'm just wondering....who the fuck asked? I mean did you actually read that long ass,sanctimonious,egomaniacal,load of shit? BTW I guarantee that YOU do not meet his criteria for buying that super sport that you want buddy. In fact,according to him you were an IDIOT for buying the bike you did get!!! How does that feel? Were you a fucking idiot for buying your ZZR for a first bike? What were YOUR "RETARDED" answers and "BS" excuses?

What really kills me is WHO cleared these guys to buy the super sport bikes they ride on now? Who gets to decide when someone IS ready for a SS bike? What are the requirements? Who gets to set the standards? This guy?
NAW... yeah I get ya... and honestly I didn't even read those long posts... it's been preached way too much... and honestly... like I said i could care less what you start on.

truth is... the advice is a very safe aproach trying to get people to realize what they're getting into... the problem is the advice generalizes... and you can't do that with motorcycles or people. every person is diffrent.

as for who asked... well no one yet... but go to any large froum and there's at least 3 or 4 new threads monthly if not weekly asking about what bike they should start on.

I think the author was just hope'n to type it once and blanket the majority of newbies...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post

Obama
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i disagree. thats why i became and inst. vs an i-net opinion.

but i agree w/ the rest of your comment.
Of course you do,it's basically what you said but severally condensed down...
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
NAW... yeah I get ya... and honestly I didn't even read those long posts... it's been preached way too much... and honestly... like I said i could care less what you start on.

truth is... the advice is a very safe aproach trying to get people to realize what they're getting into... the problem is the advice generalizes... and you can't do that with motorcycles or people. every person is diffrent.

as for who asked... well no one yet... but go to any large froum and there's at least 3 or 4 new threads monthly if not weekly asking about what bike they should start on.

I think the author was just hope'n to type it once and blanket the majority of newbies...
HA I knew it you !!! Seriously,if you are VERY,VERY,VERY bored read it and tell me what you think. PM me if you don't want to upset your new BFF!!!

Oh and I think that the author just thought he found somewhere new to post his long winded dissertation on why he knows best and everyone else is stupid if they don't agree with him.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 11-11-2008 at 06:15 PM..
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #27
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

fyi, it's a copy and paste

but anyways as you can see there are more YAYs then Nays

but keep on keepin on

i'll keep teaching noobs and you keep talking to em.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Obama

Milkdud...oh wait that's the other thread....oops....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

hey brutha, opinions are like assholes, everybody has 1 and they all stink.

Yep,except some assholes pass A LOT more gas than others!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #29
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Why would you want a 600cc when you're just going to outgrow it in a month or two. A Busa or a ZX14 is the best starter bike because it'll take at least a year or two to outgrow, and by that time you can buy the new one. Or at least get a turbo on a gixxer thou.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Why would you want a 600cc when you're just going to outgrow it in a month or two. A Busa or a ZX14 is the best starter bike because it'll take at least a year or two to outgrow, and by that time you can buy the new one. Or at least get a turbo on a gixxer thou.

Now in YOUR case,I suggest a nice shiny 50cc scooter! Now don't hurt yourself sweetie!