Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders

Old 07-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
I have a lot of friends in Lake Norman and it is very nice.
I've really enjoyed this area and have lived in Huntersville...Davidson...Cornelius...Terrell and now Mooresville...all of which surround Lake Norman.

I've lived in Charlotte too and have worked uptown for 20 + years. There is good and bad about all of it...just some areas definitely nicer than others.

If/when you're in the area let me know if I can help out with anything. I don't know alot about any one thing but I know a little about alot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
You may want to stop by www.charlottesportbikes.com They could definitely give you some good advice. I know a realitor in the area too if you are interested.
There isn't much activity on that site but some good info can be had.

Another forum with more activity is www.ncsportbikes.com . It has a Charlotte section as well.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
MILK
The cows want you dead.

While we're talking.. Anyone have any opinions on Pineville?
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Quite a bit of traffic with 485/51/521 and 77 plus Mecklenburg County taxes.

Above average crime compared to the NC average according to this list.
This could be due to the small size of Pineville though.

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd39/crime_nc.htm

However Pineville seems to be a decent little place overall...very convenient to shopping and easy access to Charlotte but rush hour can be a b!tch.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
While we're talking.. Anyone have any opinions on Pineville?
Traffic in and out of Pineville sucks in my opinion.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

I stopped in Pineville because one of my daughters is a figure skater and there is a rink not far from Myers Park in Pineville near a lot of shopping.

On a Sunday mid-morning there were a lot of cars cruising around.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
zer0t
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I've really enjoyed this area and have lived in Huntersville...Davidson...Cornelius...Terrell and now Mooresville...all of which surround Lake Norman.

I've lived in Charlotte too and have worked uptown for 20 + years. There is good and bad about all of it...just some areas definitely nicer than others.

If/when you're in the area let me know if I can help out with anything. I don't know alot about any one thing but I know a little about alot of things.

There isn't much activity on that site but some good info can be had.

Another forum with more activity is www.ncsportbikes.com . It has a Charlotte section as well.
Thanks for the offer, I may have to take you up on it.

Do you live on the lake? Into boating? I know a lot of folks have boats up there--that is one expensive hobby!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
Thanks for the offer, I may have to take you up on it.

Do you live on the lake? Into boating? I know a lot of folks have boats up there--that is one expensive hobby!
I was on the lake when I was single and lived in Davidson and also in Terrell but not now. It is expensive to live on the lake and since we wanted a bigger place we bought a home in Mooresville near the lake and also kept the townhouse that my wife owned in Cornelius before we got married...that we lease to another couple.

Yes we have a boat and keep it at a marina in dry storage. They just pick it up with a large forklift and sit it in the water...not as good as having it in the water at your own dock but still pretty cool.

Let me know when you have some time and are down this way...I know how it is to be in a new area.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #18
zer0t
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I was on the lake when I was single and lived in Davidson and also in Terrell but not now. It is expensive to live on the lake and since we wanted a bigger place we bought a home in Mooresville near the lake and also kept the townhouse that my wife owned in Cornelius before we got married...that we lease to another couple.

Yes we have a boat and keep it at a marina in dry storage. They just pick it up with a large forklift and sit it in the water...not as good as having it in the water at your own dock but still pretty cool.

Let me know when you have some time and are down this way...I know how it is to be in a new area.
Boats are definitely a lot of fun--but as you obviously know an expensive habit.

I appreciate it, it tough to move but it is better for me and my family if it works out. I may actually have a life in comparison to my current routines.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
zer0t
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
You may want to stop by www.charlottesportbikes.com They could definitely give you some good advice. I know a realitor in the area too if you are interested.
I'll check out the site--thanks.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Traffic in and out of Pineville sucks in my opinion.
Even if I am heading South for work? I work in SC.

My house in Kannapolis is going to be up for sale soon(I hope.)

1 acre lot, 2340 square feet, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage, deck, playset, bonus room, 1/3 acre split-rail fenced in for the dogs. Extensive (and gorgeous if I may add ) landscaping in the front and back yard done entirely by me. Full vegetable garden in back complete with asparagus beds. Hardwoods throughout except for the bedrooms - tile in kitchen. House is under 10 years old. I can't give a price because we haven't gotten anywhere close to that point yet.. The houses are spaced where you can sit on the back deck naked if you want to!! Only 15 houses in the neighborhood.

Anyway, just throwing it out there. I just started the process so am not ready to sell quite yet..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote