Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #21
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Those moments suck. Usually make me ride a lil bit slower the rest of the day. Sometimes it's just a fluke thing.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #22
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Had the ass end get loose on me at the track yesterday. I was hauling pretty good though and was on Pilot Power 2CT's that by the end of my day were done for. It was the 2nd to last session when it happened...So it was on my mind during my last session.

Funny thing was I was going to switch to Pirelli DRC's for my next set to see how they worked since i've heard rave reviews from guys who run them at the track.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

As a quick update...

I was completely wrong with the Angels. BT-016's. I haven't had a chance to throw air in the front yet, but I haven't gone out for a joyride since then. I've mainly been on the highway 4 or 5 times down to my mom's and commuting 10 minutes to work the last few days. I haven't had any problems at commuting speed, but I'm still interested in what pressure the front is running. I'm off Monday, and will report back...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Huh, in a month you haven't had the chance to even check your tire pressure? I must be weird then... I check my tire pressure all the time. By the way, you don't need an air compressor. Most times I just use a bicycle pump if my tires need air.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

tire pressure should be a daily check, takes two seconds to do it and could save your life. Definitely check them before any hard riding.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #26
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Update. Front was down only 1 pound at cold. The rear was spot on. But damn does that 1 pound feel weird. It feels really peaky and tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Huh, in a month you haven't had the chance to even check your tire pressure? I must be weird then... I check my tire pressure all the time. By the way, you don't need an air compressor. Most times I just use a bicycle pump if my tires need air.
It was hard because my bike was in a storage unit until Friday. By the time I would get to a gas station the tires were already warm and it would read different. And I just never got around to picking up a handheld gauge. However, I wish I would have known a bicycle pump could handle that big of a tire. I have had a really good high volume mountain bike pump with gauge the whole time.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote