Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Elite Trackdays

Old 12-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
what are the rules for "us" ...tards are "slow"
You still don't get to pass in the corners. Alex, there are plenty of tards out there to play with....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #12
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You still don't get to pass in the corners. Alex, there are plenty of tards out there to play with....
but tards like to play in corners zoomy
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #13
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
First of all - EVERYONE starts in Group 1. There are very few people that have gone directly to Group 2, and those are people that are known and trusted by myself or my staff.

I suggest you do the first session, then be evaluated by a staff member. If you qualify you will be moved up. It's that simple. At the very least, you need a session to learn the track.

There are 20 people on the track with you when it's at capacity. If you find it difficult finding personal space on a 1.8 mile course with 20 people there might be a larger problem.

Yes, I have strict passing rules. Hell, I even enforce a rev-limit in Group 1 every now and then so people aren't just out there racing to the next corner. I am perfectly fine with people bitching about the rules. The truth is, every person that has had a problem with it before attending an event has become REALLY quiet about it after coming out to play.
With only 20 people I suppose it isn't so bad. But whatta I know I got my prov nov cert and hit the track the next day running 2 practices and sprints in teh "meat grinder classes" (middleweights) with 2 wave starts and 40 bikes. I didn't track day until much later (5 years I think) and then it was in race group.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I guess a lot of the passes I tend to make at STT track days with a large group of strangers anyway are in the straights because I don't want to fuck anyones day up or get mine fucked up by someone running wide. Makes sense, probably saves a lot of headaches for large groups.

What do you consider the start of the corner zoomie? Is late braking allowed as long as you are in front before you actually start your progression into the corner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Oh, I'm not trying to tell you that you don't have experience - or that it will or will not make sense. I don't usually get into large explanations of why or how we do things online. There is a lot of mis-interpretation that comes with online written explanations, something I can't control with a verbal rider's meeting like I usually do.

Starting this company - one of the founding factors was getting rid of the group that is too fast [in their own mind] to be called slow. There is no other better way to explain it. We all know the group - and I know no one will ever claim to be *that guy*. It's the point-and-squirt, sand-baggers, and mental legends. And, they probably could qualify for a race group - but can handle being passed themselves, or maybe their ego can't. You should know exactly what I'm talking about.

I am making the best effort I can to protect the people that really truly belong in the Expert / Race group. The only way to do that is off personal evaluation and have EVERYONE earn the right to be there.

If a pass is to be made, there are a few spots on this particular track that make for an easy pass. And, by easy - I mean the rider in front will not ever have to do anything [brake, swerve, otherwise] in order for it to happen - as it should be. And, it isn't usually on a straight. By following another rider, it should become obvious where that pass can be done easily.

Is passing allowed? In Group 2 - yes. In Group 1 - online I will tell you no.

If passing is going to make or break your day, we might not be the place for you to come play.

Come Play at the Track!!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
ROADandTRACK
Cupid Stunt!!!

Moto: momosickles

Point and Squirt!!! lol

I love you, Moira. :-)
Old 12-31-2008, 09:22 AM   #17
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
Point and Squirt!!! lol

I love you, Moira. :-)
I love you too Keith!!

Come Play at the Track!!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #18
baninja
Dad of Expert #291

Moto: My kids have all the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
No race group means find another track day organization or get your novice license!!! You won't learn anything lapping behind some slow bozo every corner (even if you only pass in the straights you WILL catch another slow bozo before the next corner!)

Just because there is no "race group" doesn't mean there aren't fast riders in group 2. In fact, a good number of the people that run in group 2 are licensed racers. IIRC passing is allowed in the straights for the morning sessions in group 2. Passing while entering a turn or on the exit of a turn is usually allowed in the afternoon sessions for group 2 only. Moira can correct me if I'm wrong. Stuffing another rider (mid turn passing) is not needed during a trackday. If the rider is truly fast he/she will find a safe place to pass if they need too. My 12 year old son has never had an issue on his RS85 or his RS125, and he passes 85% of the riders in group 2. A racer on a SV650 or 1000 shouldn't have a problem either.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #19
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

just curious, how do u physically enforce a rev limit? i understand making mention of it, but without tach recall or being on the back seat, id think its kinda hard, no?
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #20
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
just curious, how do u physically enforce a rev limit? i understand making mention of it, but without tach recall or being on the back seat, id think its kinda hard, no?
It is obvious when observing the track who is smooth and consistent, and who is not.

Or, do you mean to ask what the penalty is?

Come Play at the Track!!