Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
How about not ATM use at all? Where the fuck do you need cash for the essentials these days anyway?
they cant be used at an ATM for welfare cash but most cards are linked to social security accounts also which they can withdraw from at atms
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #12
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Most of the delis/bodegas by the hospital have signs up for what they can and cant use the ebt cards for.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CartoonKenyan.jpg (31.1 KB, 53 views)
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

"This legislation stops waste, fraud, and abuse within the welfare program," said Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr., a Louisiana Republican.

Although it may help curtail abuse, this legislation doesn't stop waste or fraud. It just helps people like Ed feel better about themselves when they call the fire dept to unlock their front doors.

If Welfare Bob gets $100 per week, it costs tax payers $100 per week, regardless of what Bob spends the money on.

JC
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #15
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
"This legislation stops waste, fraud, and abuse within the welfare program," said Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr., a Louisiana Republican.

Although it may help curtail abuse, this legislation doesn't stop waste or fraud. It just helps people like Ed feel better about themselves when they call the fire dept to unlock their front doors.

If Welfare Bob gets $100 per week, it costs tax payers $100 per week, regardless of what Bob spends the money on.

JC
Yep. Plus the added cost of implementing a new vendor verification system and enforcing and updating it.

This is like the Florida welfare/drug test law. Only like 2% of recipients have failed the drug test and the state has a net loss on the program.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #16
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

how long was it implemented? thought fla judge stopped the drug tessting
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Yep. Plus the added cost of implementing a new vendor verification system and enforcing and updating it.

This is like the Florida welfare/drug test law. Only like 2% of recipients have failed the drug test and the state has a net loss on the program.
Exactly. This bill will just increase our taxes.

I should amend my original post. For every $100 Bob gets, we probably spend $110, when you figure in the cost of administrating the welfare program.

If Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr. wants to save us money, he should spend more time figuring out a way to get people off of welfare in the first place, instead of demonizing the poor.

JC
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Goddamn don't they ever do anything worthwhile? (The govt)

Lets also make sure people who get welfare can't: watch TV, read books, take hot showers, eat nutritionally dense foods, wear clothing, surf the internet, surf the ocean, have pets or use soft toilet paper.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Goddamn don't they ever do anything worthwhile? (The govt)

Lets also make sure people who get welfare can't: watch TV, read books, take hot showers, eat nutritionally dense foods, wear clothing, surf the internet, surf the ocean, have pets or use soft toilet paper.
They are, of course, free to do any or all of those things. You are also free to pay for it for them. I don't want to.

Welfare exists, as I understand it, to provide for subsistance. It does not exist to provide TV, books, internet, surf boards, or pets. However, if someone is making enough off of welfare to visit strip clubs on welfare money, I'm assuming they would also be making enough to eat nutritionally dense foods, wear clothing, or use (reasonably) soft toilet paper. Assuming they chose to do that vice stuffing bills down g-strings.

I see absolutely no problem in taking reasonable precautions to prevent my tax dollars from funding young Tiffany's "college education." There are Pell Grants for that...

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Exactly. This bill will just increase our taxes.

I should amend my original post. For every $100 Bob gets, we probably spend $110, when you figure in the cost of administrating the welfare program.

If Rep. Charles Boustany, Jr. wants to save us money, he should spend more time figuring out a way to get people off of welfare in the first place, instead of demonizing the poor.

JC
I believe the issue Mr. Boustany is trying to address is: if they have enough disposable cash to visit strip clubs with welfare money, what in the hell are they doing on welfare in the first place? Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be a simple matter of removing from the program those who aren't really in need. I'm guessing the next best thing is to make it more difficult to abuse the program.

Placing restrictions on tax payer dollars isn't demonizing anyone, it's goddamn common sense. Seems to me we could do with a few more restrictions on tax payer dollars in this country.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 02-07-2012 at 11:41 AM..
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote