Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #41
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
yeah, it matches all the gear I already had.
You let me down. Expected "corners better than yellow". Senility setting in?
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #42
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I like tq. But, have no need for 180 hp..

I got it for a good price. And I love how it looks. Not to mention that I can ride pretty quick, and since it doesn't sound fast, nobody complains.
You put an exhaust on it yet? If not...just wait...the Drummer makes enought noise to get you noticed.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #43
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You put an exhaust on it yet? If not...just wait...the Drummer makes enought noise to get you noticed.
Loud is not the same as sounding fast

I have to say my bike sounds unbelievably cool with the muffer off of it, and nothing like a loud HD twin.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #44
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

liter twin=small penis

No, kidding.

sat on a superhawk in a showroom once, and it "fit". I'm oddly proportioned - short legs, long body. so 'fitting' on a bike I'm spending all day on was important. and keeping up with Louie was important. This did both. And it was the right price. I could sell it today for more than I paid for it.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #45
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

My bike fits pretty well, the bars were a bit of a reach, but I added heli bars. But the footpeds are in the perfect spot for me, makes it very easy to lift off the seat. I presume it's because, I believe the avg height in Europe/Italy is about 6' and I'm just under 6'.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #46
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i suppose ill do a more serious one, way back when i first wanted to start riding i was immediately attracted to hurricanes and older ninjas. almost pulled the trigger on a clean black 80s zx7 but iraq got in the way. three years later and im home and my friends start pushing me towards bikes again so after a little poking around on craigslist i found a workable 87 hurricane 600 for $1100. dropped cash on it and rode it almost everyday regardless of temperature for about six months. meanwhile, someone on the previous sitw which will not be named started a thread about tourist trophy for ps2, wanting to see what the fuss was about i grabbed a used copy and started unlocking bikes one of which was the 954. i really liked the design of the 954 from the game and vaguely remembered an article about them being a good buy in the back of a bike rag i read in the suck. did some more research and after learning about its history and abilities i developed a pretty strong case of lust and it went to an equal slot on my hurricane replacement list right next to the 675 daytona. anyway, we had some friends over for new years and in the morning my buddy has torque on the tv and were watching the opening canyon scene when i remark about how the 954 is a sexy bitch and he says the local shop had one that was nice as hell. tracked it down a week later and bought it on the spot, picked it up the next day and been loving it ever since

the 450? that was just really cheap
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #47
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I always wanted a nice blue R6 when I was dreaming of bikes but then reality settled in and I had a chance to buy my bike from a friend.

The price was right and everything else fell into place. I love it and it actually seems to fit me a bit more comfortably than the R6s I sat on.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #48
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I bought my ninja 250 cause I was tired of not having anything cool and plus my dad showed up out of no where with a cruiser so I had it. Finally found one a month later and paid cash.

About a year later I see this red bike at this highway bend I travel on all the time finally pulled over to see what it was. Well I knew it was red and a Honda and that was about it. Did about a month research on the bike in one night. Called the guy, which turned out to be an old kid I went to high school with and needed to get rid of it quick. He dropped the price and the next day I had money from the bank.

Wish I still had my ninja. Kid I sold it to is doing a great job on not maintaining her.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #49
R1up0n1
Yo

Moto: 2009 Yamaha V Star 950 Touring / 1995 Intruder

I had an SV650, then I wanted more power, so I got an 03 R1...then a disaster happend and I wanted another R1... so I got the 04 R1 which is what I wanted when I bought the 03.
Overall looks, power, comfort, price.
R1up0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #50
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

I've had a variety of bikes, but all of them had one characteristic in common: they did ONE specific thing exceptionally well - at the expense of every other attribute. The K75S is one of those bikes that does nothing "well", but everything just fine. It doesn't overheat even in Austin Summer Stop & Go traffic! It has ABS. And its "vewy vewy quiet... hehehehehe...." (i.e. does not draw unwanted attention at 'stability and handling test speeds'). It can haul two peoples' worth of stuff, or allow me to go to the grocery store and dumbfound the baggers and checkers.

It has the smoothest engine ever put in a motorcycle - an I3 with a counter-rotating balance shaft.

A few have remarked that it does have a family resemblance to the RTPs operated by our local law enforcement agencies, but I really hadn't noticed... That might explain why I can cruise down the LH lane and traffic seems to pull to the right all the time...

JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote