Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300
Default What injuries were suffered during your crash?

Well thought I'd start this topic after my what did you learn from your crash thread, so

What injuries did you suffer?
Approximate speed at the time of the crash?
Have you mentally gotten over "the crash"?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I'll play even though my crashes weren't near as bad as what alot of others have experienced.

First crash was a lowspeed lowside in a curve. More damage done to the bike than me. I had a small bruise on my hip and shoulder where I hit the ground. My jacket and my jeans didn't have a mark on them. The bike had a broken left mirror and shifter peg. I rode her home as I had no choice.

I had a huge phobia of blind left hand curves after that. I still do but not bad as I once did.

The second crash was in a bad downpour. I was riding pillion this time. I slid/rolled/tumbled about 200 feet. The bike was totaled, but me and my friend walked away with nothing more than a little bruising. The next day I rode 500 miles home, half of it in the rain, most of which was a downpour...again. There's nothing like immediately having the same circumstances as a prior crash to help you get over that fear. I'm still not too fond of riding in the rain, but can and will do it.

Knowing myself, I know if I had let time lapse between crash and riding again, it would have made me leary of riding. I'm actually glad I immediately got back on and rode again. It definitely helped me.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

1st crash, about 55mph, looped wheelie: chipped pelvis, and shin, lost a LOT of skin off my legs, back, arms, and hands, hands were the worst as i was sliding on the pavement trying to stop myself, in the ambulance they gave me something for pain...well i was allergic to it, so i'm laying in the hospital bleeding from everywhere, now my head is swelled so bad from the allergic reaction, that they cant get my helmet off....and if you think using a wire brush to get out road debris is an old wives tale, you sir ARE WRONG! and that shit hurts, well that hospital didnt do a good enough job, so i went to another the next day for more wire brushing and cutting off some dead skin with scissors, couldnt dress or feed myself very well for a couple of weeks or more, cause my hands were so bad

2nd crash: car in front of me turned off to the right, so i keep going straight, car decides it wanted to go left instead, cut back in front of me, swerving either way would have hit parked cars on the side of the street, had a girl with me, so instead of chancing t-boning the car and launching her over it, i laid it down(in this fraction of a second seemed like the best plan) passenger was kinda on top of me, and i pushed her off to the side, my body hits underneath the drivers door area as the bike bounces off the back bumper, well any driver that wasn't a complete retard would have stopped then, she didnt , and drove over the top of my left leg, hip, ribs, shoulder, etc, i kept my eyes open and turned my head before the car ran over it too, the dumb bitch said "OMG, i thought i ran over something" i said "you think so, ya stupid bitch" fractured my pelvis, broke about all the ribs on the left side, broke shoulder, collar bone, etc, thank God it was a toyota!

the girl with me just had scuffed knees and elbows,

cops gave me a ticket a MONTH later for following too close, judge threw it out though!

oh, and the bike, well it was somebody elses, had about 300 miles on it, some girls wanted to ride, but he was a new rider and afraid to ride passengers so he wanted me to take them for a ride

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Last edited by Yamerhaw; 03-20-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Yamerhaw, did you have gloves on during the 1st accident?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

-compression/burst fracture of T7(thoracic vertebrea #7)
in other words... broke my back
-don't remember the speed
-mentally, over it
Old 03-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Yamerhaw, did you have gloves on during the 1st accident?

shorts, t shirt, tennis shoes, no gloves... i was a newbie back then

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

My ego took a hit... that was probably the most severe injury...

then my ankle...which was badly sprained...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

45mph curve, wide open, went off road, got back on, high sided. Don't know what caused it, BF was riding 50 feet in front of me. Left shin had to have staples, collarbone is still out of place a year later, cracked ribs. I lost a whole week mentally, but was online posting and making phone calls up the wazoo.
It has left me a little leery of riding curves. It took 6 weeks before I was able to get back on the bike, A week later, it blew a connecting rod, oil starvation due to the wreck, I assume. Had to wait another 9 months before we could put another motor in it, so it was like being a newbie all over again.

Can just safely say I enjoy riding, but the thought of losing what much of my life is sobering, so Rossi is safe in his title.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Last one I borke bones in both feet it was at the end of my driveway,
Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

High speed + gravel+ dark + guardrail = lowside, both legs, six ribs, left arm, collar bone, and a concussion.

Six weeks in traction (this was before all the fancy pins and screws were common).

Bike destroyed.

Mentally over it, but wiser now.

I've probably crashed about 50 times in the dirt since then, but no injuries, save for a few ''dents''.

JC