Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
They can, but will they? What I'm telling you is this: If a person means you harm and you have a restraining order against them, what the cops are going to find is your dead carcass and a piece of restraining order paper with a shit stain on it when they get to you.

My mother has had a restraining order against someone, as has my sister. My sister's ex violated the order 16 times before he was arrested. This was because nobody saw him break the order. All they would do is write a report.

If nobody sees the guy violate the order and he's long gone before the cops get there, what's the difference if he decides to do more than just scare you? Guess what? The cops are going to show up too late, again.

If that jackass is scary enough that you want a restraining order, he's scary enough to be worth shooting to save your own hide.

What if you can't prove your life was in danger after shooting his ass? They won't let you take the gun to the jail cell so who is going to protect your ass then?

You have to do what you can to protect yourself, but in the end you still have to defend what you did.

No the RO isn't going to protect you by itself. It can help the police if they are called. And if he/she is coming by the house acting up it would be a good idea to have a camera or 3 located at your house. This will make it easier to prove he/she was there.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #22
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Michelle, I had to get one last year againt someone who wouldn't take no for an answer, so I'm very familiar with the process. If you have any questions email me.

Having said that, knowing now what I do, I should have gotten it much sooner. Talk about a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

You can call me too if you want. You've got my number.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Michelle, I had to get one last year againt someone who wouldn't take no for an answer, so I'm very familiar with the process. If you have any questions email me.

Having said that, knowing now what I do, I should have gotten it much sooner. Talk about a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

You can call me too if you want. You've got my number.
Thanks Trace!
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #24
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

A TRO will only work against a person who is generally law abiding or is..... you know, sane. It can be valuable in getting someone who is genuinely dangerous off the streets though, because that sort tend to repeatedly violate the order and end up paying for it. It's insurance against a future incident, in that case.

If you're thinking that you need one, then you probably do.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #25
Jet
Street Stunter

Fug it, get a TRO, gun, CCW, mace/taser while your CCW is pending than call it a day.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #26
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Details?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #27
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Details?

I've been calling her too much.....I mean I THOUGHT every 7 minutes was at LEAST giving her 6 minute breaks
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #28
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I've been calling her too much.....I mean I THOUGHT every 7 minutes was at LEAST giving her 6 minute breaks
Well there's your problem. You obviously weren't calling enough! She could have totally been talking to other guys in those six minutes.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #29
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

she was, ME

troy ya know when you went to the boys room in that rest. , yeah she called........lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #30
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What if you can't prove your life was in danger after shooting his ass? They won't let you take the gun to the jail cell so who is going to protect your ass then?

You have to do what you can to protect yourself, but in the end you still have to defend what you did.

No the RO isn't going to protect you by itself. It can help the police if they are called. And if he/she is coming by the house acting up it would be a good idea to have a camera or 3 located at your house. This will make it easier to prove he/she was there.

James
If you are trained in the proper use of deadly force, you'll know when it's time to shoot someone. Make it a clear case of self defense and you'll be fine. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote