Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #31
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
That might be why I'm paid to ride motorcycles and you're not...

My motors [car/truck/motorcycle] are certainly used. But, they are well taken care of. It doesn't take a lot of time to maintain the appearance of a vehicle while making sure it is in good working order. I use a wipe-down on a bike to bolt check. This is especially important with a litre-twin.

Helmets IMHO are more important that my other gear, as my head is more important than other parts of my body. The 100+ sustained temps here will deteriorate a helmet... I will NOT leave my helmets out in that heat for days on end.
Did i say i didnt maintain my Ride? Washing a bike or not washing a bike doesnt make it run any better or worse. Hell It could be covered in bugs mud and fucking dogshit and as long as its functionally sound...it doesnt matter what it looks like.

I check often and through all the moving functional parts i just dont waste valuable riding time making sure i got all the waterspots off and the fairings waxed and washed.

That might be why your paid to ride tho, and I'm not.

And my helmet is on a shelf sitting right next to me...I'll agree with you on that aspect of it...but the Gloves/Jackets/Boots/Etc...On a shelf in a garage...Aint hurting much.

And Homeslice...why do you think everyone stores there gear next to caustic acid and chemicals? You keep worrying about your smell, Chicks dig that shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Why wouldn't it matter?

And I bet 90% of you don't have climate-controlled garages.
Yeah, Living off 12k a year its tough to afford that luxury
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #32
goof2
AMA Supersport

I keep my gear inside. With the humidity here I've seen the foam in a helmet disintegrate. I'd also be concerned about my stuff turning in to a penicillin factory if I didn't use it for a little while. The main reason I do it though is sweat takes forever to dry outside.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #33
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

My helmet and gloves are in the garage and the rest of my gear is inside the house.

My attached garage is somewhat 'temperature controlled'...by nature...it's part of my basement so partially under ground...no crawl space and above it is my house and on one side is my house and the doors are insulated.

Has stayed 50 -55 all winter as long as you close the doors once you enter or exit. In the summer it stays about 20 degrees warmer constantly IF you close the doors once you enter or exit.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote