Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

and a text just went to my boss.... He was talking about a chartering a fishing boat as a company outing... BOOO!!!! We only have 4 employees that would do it anyway=$2,000...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
and a text just went to my boss.... He was talking about a chartering a fishing boat as a company outing... BOOO!!!! We only have 4 employees that would do it anyway=$2,000...
Talk about a kickass team building exercise

12 people at a time all trying to rail the piss out of a gocart on meth
Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yep. My dad did one years ago that was about $800 iirc.

Just looked up the Richard Petty Experience:
$449 - $549 depending on what track.

http://www.drivepetty.com/experiences/
I've lived near the track in Charlotte...well the one close to Charlotte for several years and have still never done that...the cost is definitely part of the reason though I have to admit.

I did get to thrash a Dodge Viper SRT-10 and a few other cars around a road course and then an Auto X course at no cost a few years ago at an SRT Driving Experience...that was fun. They had instructors from Skip Barber on hand to give tips and such.

I've been lucky enough to be turned loose in different Porsche 911 Turbo AWD's a few times as well as some AMG Mercedes and a Cobra Replica from Superformance with a Rousch built 351...those days are pretty much non existant for me anymore though. The guys that used to let me take their stuff out and also test samples that they were thinking about buying have since retired...boo hoo !!

I've got a fun car in the garage too but it's not as much fun when it's your own car that you're tearing up.

It would be a blast to take this little Ariel Atom out and toss it around I'm sure.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #14
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
...some AMG Mercedes...
Which models & what did you think of them? I've been sorely tempted by a CLK 55 - can't quite get over the automatic, and relatively poor (premium) fuel mileage though.

Quote:
It would be a blast to take this little Ariel Atom out and toss it around I'm sure.
NO DOUBT!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Which models & what did you think of them? I've been sorely tempted by a CLK 55 - can't quite get over the automatic, and relatively poor (premium) fuel mileage though.

NO DOUBT!
Mainly the CL63 AMG...sharp looking two door. The guy (my former boss) had the 911 Turbo...which I loved driving but sold it and got the Mercedes. At first I was like WTF but after driving around in it...it kicked azz too with much style. I can't afford either so it's just an opinion.

I've not driven the CLK 55 but I do like it. I've driven the 4 door E55 AMG. I drove one SL55 AMG but didn't really get to 'test' it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote